House Price Crash Forum
hans kammler

House Price Growth In September Fastest For Seven Years

A SURGE in house prices in September was the fastest rate of growth recorded for seven years, official figures show.

Strange, I thought we had falls from september onwards?

A leap of 12.1 per cent in the year to September added £28,000 to the value of an average home.

The rise puts the cost of a three bedroom semi at £273,000 - an increase of £2,333 a month.

That is the fastest rise since July 2007 and typical values are now 12 per cent higher than during the previous peak of the market in 2008, according to the Office for National Statistics.

For many of the UK's homeowners - including more than 11 million mortgage holders - the recovery has delivered a long awaited boost to their housing equity
Brian Murphy, MAB

The jump has also added an extra £30,000 of equity to properties, found research by the Mortgage Advice Bureau. Homeowners who remortgaged in October had £140,611 of equity on average compared with the same month last year when it was £111,783.

Brian Murphy, head of lending at MAB, said: "For many of the UK's homeowners - including more than 11 million mortgage holders - the recovery has delivered a long awaited boost to their housing equity.

Usual Express ramping, just saw it being promoted on the Wright stuff so even more idiots having their opinions formed by the vested interests.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/537025/House-prices-increase-fastest-rate-in-seven-years

Edited by hans kammler

Strange, I thought we had falls from september onwards?

Usual Express ramping, just saw it being promoted on the Wright stuff so even more idiots having their opinions formed by the vested interests.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/537025/House-prices-increase-fastest-rate-in-seven-years

The rise has meant people are being taxed more to buy a basic shelter...they have to sign more of their lives over to the banks, there is less money to spend in the real economy

If I bought the express, I'd stop.

Looks to me that things are resetting to 2011/2012 levels of activity and pricing now that people have stopped panic buying and London's lost it's shine.

I wonder what all those chinese/russian speculators are now thinking about their investments....

Anecdotally I've had two EAs contact me this month who we viewed property with during the first half of the year. Both asking if we've found anywhere yet. I said no, that we weren't in any hurry and stock in the area looked significantly overpriced :D