House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomandlu

Tories - Voting Ukip Will Lower House Values

Signing in as I thought you guys might like this:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/17/reckless-vote-will-make-your-home-worth-less-tories-tell-rochester-voters

She mentioned the concern as something that voters had raised but other Conservatives are making the argument about falling house prices more explicitly as they enter the final four days of their campaign against Mark Reckless, the Ukip candidate and former Tory MP.

One Conservative MP campaigning on the high street with colleagues said: “The danger is if you vote Ukip the value of your house may go down.”

Anyone who is priced out who was undecided has now been shown who to vote for, or any parent who wants their kids to move out etc....

Christ i f'en hate the Tory party they really are just scum who deserve to be destroyed.

"Paul Nuttall, the Ukip deputy leader, said it was “desperate” and the “politics of fear” for the Tories to bring house prices into the argument."

"Reckless added: “I hope that all the attention in Rochester we’ve had will support house prices.”

"Paul Nuttall, the Ukip deputy leader, said it was “desperate” and the “politics of fear” for the Tories to bring house prices into the argument."

"Reckless added: “I hope that all the attention in Rochester we’ve had will support house prices.”

House prices are still a third rail topic in the UK it seems...... :lol:

UKIP policies taken to their extreme conclusion should collapse house prices, but it seems many still want to vote for them? Go figure.

Edited by dances with sheeple

House prices are still a third rail topic in the UK it seems...... :lol:

UKIP policies taken to their extreme conclusion should collapse house prices, but it seems many still want to vote for them? Go figure.

'Diversity' and 'house prices' have a kind of love-hate relationship.

People think population growth is needed to support HPI...but they also fear the detroit factor (or in the UK, the Bradford factor) that will drive out middle class families.

This could start to get interesting.

In all honesty I don't trust UKIP any more than liblabcon when it comes to HPI, but if it becomes an election issue, there's no telling what the impact will be. There's an ever-growing number of potential voters for whom house prices is the single issue that most affects their lives and futures.

Could be spectacular own goal by the Tories.

Just to add UKIP policies are unlikely to have a dramatic, instant effect on house prices. Firstly, there would be a long period to arrange the EU vote and eventual exit. Second, they are not generally in favour of building so unless they start deporting people it shouldn't dent demand for housing too much / improve supply.

So the Tories election campaign IS all about house prices. I dread to think what taxpayer funded props for the housing market will be announced in the Autumn Statement.

Yet another reason to vote UKIP.

I've already got my home and I will be voting for HPC so young Brits can buy. I am not against immigration I am against mass immigration.

Why does the government think people with houses want then to go up in value?

and is it true?

do I get any benefit from HPI I see no advantage to me whether my house is worth £100,000 or £200,000 only if Ive got a spare house is it an advantage to me.

Good.Iv got three children.My house price makes no difference to me,im never moving.Hopefully it will fall 70% so youngsters have a chance.

This idiot shows why people are sick and tired of the pathetic MPs we have in Westminster.

This sort of embarrassing story really does reaffirm the tories/British governments only policy is every increasing house prices

They are devoid of ideas. They are handing our futures and incomes to the bankers. They are out of touch with reality. They are serving themselves and their rich friends, not the other 60 million people who live in the UK. The other 60 million of us need to end this stupidity, somehow. Who do we vote for to stop them ?

They will do anything they can to keep the rich asset holders rich and make them even richer ( enriching themsleves in the process ).

I used to want controlled immigration, but after years of relentless immigration it's pushed me to a more extreme view...i'm going to become one myself and get the f**k out of this sh*t hole before the trouble starts.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Just to add UKIP policies are unlikely to have a dramatic, instant effect on house prices. Firstly, there would be a long period to arrange the EU vote and eventual exit. Second, they are not generally in favour of building so unless they start deporting people it shouldn't dent demand for housing too much / improve supply.

Thought UKIP, if they won, were not going to have a vote (other than in parliament) to leave the EU... anyway...

Whether people like it or not the population is also growing because the birth rate exceeds death rate so immigration policy won't make the demand for housing totally disappear. Depending on the mood of the EU states we might also be having to find homes for British migrants living in Europe. Also the Poles etc. who've had children here might apply for naturalisation, in which case they aren't going anywhere in a hurry.

The only things that could send house prices down is if foreign-owned companies decide to shut-up shop in the UK and/or the markets get spooked and the pound collapses, with the resulting economic shock driving the country into recession/depression.

Whether people like it or not the population is also growing because the birth rate exceeds death rate so immigration policy won't make the demand for housing totally disappear.

Not necessary true. All the Brits could be retiring to Spain to die.

The only things that could send house prices down is if foreign-owned companies decide to shut-up shop in the UK and/or the markets get spooked and the pound collapses, with the resulting economic shock driving the country into recession/depression.

War? Flood? Pestilence? No, only the above.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Bruce Banner

In all honesty I don't trust UKIP any more than liblabcon when it comes to HPI, but if it becomes an election issue, there's no telling what the impact will be. There's an ever-growing number of potential voters for whom house prices is the single issue that most affects their lives and futures.

A desperate election ploy that stinks of Grant Shapps, or Michael Green, or whatever he calls himself these days.

Maybe, or maybe it won`t make any difference to how people vote. Maybe the only people who don`t now realise that house prices are a function of available credit are Daily Express readers and a handful of hold outs in the MSE bunker? UKIP are not going to have their hands on the levers of credit any time soon, so a vote for them is a vote against a EU dominated country flooded with cheap labour?

But HPI is a policy endorsed by Labour who will continue with HtB and all of the other props. I am sure that Balls is just annoyed that they did not think of HtB first. Unless I have missed Ed and Eds statement that they will get rid of HtB as soon as they get into power.

The focus groups are telling them that house prices are not an election issue this time around, it is immigration and the EU. They have tired of the HTB lever, it doesn`t get them votes.

So that tells us that both Tories and UKIP are in favour of making the most expensive asset any of us will ever buy even more expensive.

But HPI is a policy endorsed by Labour who will continue with HtB and all of the other props. I am sure that Balls is just annoyed that they did not think of HtB first. Unless I have missed Ed and Eds statement that they will get rid of HtB as soon as they get into power.

That is why we must vote for a party without a proven track record, in government, of encouraging HIP.

War? Flood? Pestilence? No, only the above.

Perhaps you failed to see the implicit link between discussing UKIP getting elected and potential economic problems that could cause and HPC?

Or do you really think that voting UKIP will bring War, Flood and Pestilence? Wow, perhaps St. Nigel of Farage can invoke divine powers and can smite the non-UKIP voting infidels!

So that tells us that both Tories and UKIP are in favour of making the most expensive asset any of us will ever buy even more expensive.

Correct, and so I won't vote for either of them.