House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
R K

"you Dont Choose To Go And Live In Bolton" Car Crash Telly

Guest Jemmy Button

Sorry, I didn't watch the video. I do my best to never watch rubbish like this.

She's correct though.. Done my time living in Bolton and Blackburn and Oldham and such places.

I read much of this was being filmed at a house in Cheadle Hulme/Bramhall (near the park).

“They didn’t have swimming pools or the large kitchens we were after so we went to Cheadle Hulme,” he says.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-09-23/why-the-real-housewives-of-cheshire-knightsbridge-houses-were-too-small-says-itv-boss

Cheshire never does it for me...very pseudo rural with all those trunk roads, traffic queues and the domination of the M6. Guess it suits wealthy commuters, but would be the last on my list when it comes to escape to the country. Bolton's probably quieter traffic wise, nobody can afford a car.

We threw out telly out almost a decade ago because of the utter nonsense on it. I had considered buying one just so I could throw it out the window at the TV license man the next time he comes knocking.

Cheshire never does it for me...very pseudo rural with all those trunk roads, traffic queues and the domination of the M6. Guess it suits wealthy commuters, but would be the last on my list when it comes to escape to the country. Bolton's probably quieter traffic wise, nobody can afford a car.

Yep, that's what everyone gridlocked on the M61 and A666 every single morning thinks.

No cars in Bolton :rolleyes:

It's just very, very wet.

I always make a point of never moving anywhere that has moss on the buildings.

Thats because youre not a cow.

It's just very, very wet.

I always make a point of never moving anywhere that has moss on the buildings.

Unless you're a rolling stone..

Edited by juvenal

I know Laurens (woman who makes Bolton comment) family, and believe me, if they get her dad and brother on the screen, they will make Katie Hopkins look reserved and measured :blink::D

By the way that opening shot is Dunham hall/Park owned by the National Trust. Its not a footballers house.

I know Laurens (woman who makes Bolton comment) family, and believe me, if they get her dad and brother on the screen, they will make Katie Hopkins look reserved and measured :blink::D

Do you think these people realise theyre being set up by the production company to be ridiculed?

The best thing about Cheshire is that it shows you that money cannot buy class.

The best thing about Cheshire is that it shows you that money cannot buy class.

This chap from Devon could teach the nouveau riche a thing or two about class (NSFW)

Episode 2 starts well

Edited by LiveinHope

Do you think these people realise theyre being set up by the production company to be ridiculed?

I thought that as soon as I heard she was doing it - however I suspect she will play the panto villain very well, and come out of it with guest appearences on This Morning, Loose Women etc.

You could narrow it down a bit:

Cheshire Golden Triangle: The Golden Triangle is an area of affluent, leafy towns and villages in Cheshire such as Wilmslow, Prestbury and Mottram St. Andrew. The three points of the triangle are generally considered to be Hale Barns, Knutsford, and Alderley Edge.

Here: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/cheshire-golden-triangle/?results_sort=highest_price

and here: http://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/property/cheshire-golden-triangle/

I grew up in Bolton . My wife grew up in proper posh Cheshire (Bowdon). Our family homes were large and sadly for people looking to move up now, expensive. My parents have now left but managed 600k for their c1800 built stone cottage on the prettiest outskirts of .bolton.

I will happily admit that 35% of bolton is a total hole, 50% is average town and the remainder is fantastic. The town itself is rough, ravaged by council mismanagement, drugs, benefits culture and ethnic (and white trash) ghettoes, but at the same time it has 100k plus top friendly decent hardworking people in it (of all colours" creeds and denominations).

Stockport, Widnes, Winsford and plenty of other total holes are in Cheshire....

Yep, that's what everyone gridlocked on the M61 and A666 every single morning thinks.

No cars in Bolton :rolleyes:

Well tbf I don't know Bolton that well....hate trunk roads and the M6 car park through Cheshire so I always avoid the county like the plague and amazed people like it so much....always pick a route around it to the South via Stone and Market Drayton for Wales or Dobcross, Burnley whjen heading to the North West.

Burnley always strikes me as pretty quiet traffic wise...nobody much going in or out.

My idea of a nice county is no trunk roads or motorways...some parts of Lincolnshire and Shropshire, for example.

Edited by crashmonitor

Guest Jemmy Button

I grew up in Bolton . My wife grew up in proper posh Cheshire (Bowdon). Our family homes were large and sadly for people looking to move up now, expensive. My parents have now left but managed 600k for their c1800 built stone cottage on the prettiest outskirts of .bolton.

I will happily admit that 35% of bolton is a total hole, 50% is average town and the remainder is fantastic. The town itself is rough, ravaged by council mismanagement, drugs, benefits culture and ethnic (and white trash) ghettoes, but at the same time it has 100k plus top friendly decent hardworking people in it (of all colours" creeds and denominations).

You grew up in Bolton yet you have such a snobbish attitude!

I live in Stockport (proper Stockport, not Bramhall etc) and I wouldn't say it is a total hole. It's a typical northern style working persons town. Some bits are run down, there's some definite areas of social and povety problems, but there is also a lot of people who are pleasant and easy to get along with. It feels a pretty average sort of town.

My Grandparents grew up in a proper working class area of Bolton in a 2 up 2 down and I have many fond memories of the place. There was a strong community then with people looking out for one another. In many ways Bolton is not that dissimilar to Stockport only with larger ethnic communities. Lots of good walking round Bolton and some excellent parks. Its easy to pick holes with places, but these sorts of towns are what your low and average wage (with no gifted money) will get you. They represent the norm. Yes the Yorks, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Peak District villages of this world are much nicer, but those places are also very expensive and not what people with a more normal wealth can afford.

In summary, I'm perfectly happy bringing up my family in Stockport, I'm better housed than a great many people in the world.