Cameron Continues To Bait Russian Bear

HOLA441
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/200340-russia-mulls-new-sanctions-against-eu/page-2

In that thread about sanctions and the Eu exports to Russia table it seems that in 2014 the UK's exports to Russia are even higher than in 2011.

So it looks like UK exports to Russia are higher than ever.

A UK general election due in 2015 of course.

Being tough on Russia today with the Rochester and Strood by-election next Thursday?

Edited by billybong

HOLA443

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/200340-russia-mulls-new-sanctions-against-eu/page-2

In that thread about sanctions the Eu exports to Russia table it seems that in 2014 the UK's exports to Russia are even higher than in 2011.

Economically and geopolitically I just don't get what we are trying to do to Russia. I would guess the majority of Eastern Ukranians wish to merge with Russia in any case. I used the analogy of bear baiting becuase Putin is an easy target at the moment. However, doesn't help UK plc once they are rehabilitated, or may be the covert plan is to keep them down forever.

HOLA444

I don't think this Flashman tough guy act translate well across borders...and was presumably honed at boarding school. It's got us absolutely nowhere in the EU other than for Merkel to suggest we get out.

Our diplomacy these days is a joke, a mentality that we always win even though we don't. This might lie in the fact that Cameron always did win in the gmae of life until he became PM.

HOLA445

He even had the cheek to lecture the Chinese about human rights. They laughed.

Who does he think he is? What does he think he's running? Did they not tell him at boarding school/Cambridge/Westminster that WE NO LONGER HAVE A BRITISH EMPIRE.

He just needs to get real and start behaving like a Denmark, Ireland or Belgium.

The UK is considerably larger than those countries and boasts globally famous universities, one of the worlds most effective military forces (permanent UNSC member) and has one of the worlds largest economies. Its cultural impact is also massive. It is sometimes hard to notice - when I am in Bangkok, the capital of a country with a similar population to the UK and see a massive Man U poster draped down the side of a skyscraper it is easy to think that is normal, but it is actually remarkable given our size. UK has problems but people still flock to this country.

HOLA446

The UK is considerably larger than those countries and boasts globally famous universities, one of the worlds most effective military forces (permanent UNSC member) and has one of the worlds largest economies. Its cultural impact is also massive. It is sometimes hard to notice - when I am in Bangkok, the capital of a country with a similar population to the UK and see a massive Man U poster draped down the side of a skyscraper it is easy to think that is normal, but it is actually remarkable given our size. UK has problems but people still flock to this country.

wot, no McDonalds in your Country?

HOLA447
HOLA448

Economically and geopolitically I just don't get what we are trying to do to Russia. I would guess the majority of Eastern Ukranians wish to merge with Russia in any case. I used the analogy of bear baiting becuase Putin is an easy target at the moment. However, doesn't help UK plc once they are rehabilitated, or may be the covert plan is to keep them down forever.

Its just posturing so cameron can feel like the big man...once it becomes clear Crimea will remain Russian (as if its not already) it will be quietly dropped.

HOLA449

I don't think this Flashman tough guy act translate well across borders...and was presumably honed at boarding school. It's got us absolutely nowhere in the EU other than for Merkel to suggest we get out.

Our diplomacy these days is a joke, a mentality that we always win even though we don't. This might lie in the fact that Cameron always did win in the gmae of life until he became PM.

Well he is a PR man...bullshitting and putting style above substance comes naturally to him.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

This is part of a co-ordinated effort to put Putin under pressure. The UK is not acting alone :

And yes, further sanctions would cause Russia significant issues. Their economy is blowing up.

It's a Second Great Depression, the entire world is blowing up.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

However, doesn't help UK plc once they are rehabilitated, or may be the covert plan is to keep them down forever.

I thik it may last a long, long time. It's not the sanctions, it is the withdrawel of investment that is doing the damage. I simply don't see how any sane Westerner would invest in Russia these days, it is too unfathomable. [irespective of what happens, whoever turns out to be right, or whether the situation fair or not]

Cameron is cringeworthy though. I don't understnd how people vote for him.

Edited by Steppenpig

HOLA4415

I thik it may last a long, long time. It's not the sanctions, it is the withdrawel of investment that is doing the damage. I simply don't see how any sane Westerner would invest in Russia these days, it is too unfathomable. [irespective of what happens, whoever turns out to be right, or whether the situation fair or not]

How long before they nationalize all foreign assets, they have a history of that.

It always is going to between the elite stealing the wealth or the communists stealing it.

HOLA4416

we have been trying to control russia, the biggest and naturally richest country in the world, for 150 years.

Read about Mackinder's Heartland theory of global domination, and Brzezinski's update called The Grand Chessboard.

We still have colonial aspirations, but nowadays have to rely on the American military. Maybe now that the banks are hopelessly insolvent, we covet Russia even more urgently.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

russia does not want this war

cameron and his ilk are doing it on the part of their paymasters.

we DO have the capability to stop it, but conversely it is only an alliance of anglosaxons+russians that has the ability to put it to bed for good.that's why the opposition want us BOTH taken out.

the agenda of their paymasters is to embroil USA/UK and russia into a war of mutual extermination.

this is not in our interests at all.

Edited by oracle

HOLA4419

russia does not want this war

cameron and his ilk are doing it on the part of their paymasters.

we DO have the capability to stop it, but conversely it is only an alliance of anglosaxons+russians that has the ability to put it to bed for good.that's why the opposition want us BOTH taken out.

the agenda of their paymasters is to embroil USA/UK and russia into a war of mutual extermination.

this is not in our interests at all.

Good to know Mr Icke is a HPC'er

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

we have been trying to control russia, the biggest and naturally richest country in the world, for 150 years.

Read about Mackinder's Heartland theory of global domination, and Brzezinski's update called The Grand Chessboard.

We still have colonial aspirations, but nowadays have to rely on the American military. Maybe now that the banks are hopelessly insolvent, we covet Russia even more urgently.

to put it bluntly, usa/uk have done nothing of the sort.

our governments have been "hijacked" by those that do,certainly.

however, those hijackers work for foreign entities with a vested interest in stopping those who could stop them.

those who could stop them being primarily the yanks, ourselves, russia, and if they went on the right side, germany.

they are the only nations with enough fight in them.

europe cannot be ruled by france, they cave in under pressure...in all of the european conflicts, napoleon, gorbachev,even hitler said,about the brits, something to the effect of ,we are polite to a fault, the first hit comes free, the second hit we will smile at you and do dutiful civilities

the third, we will knock you out.

do not underestimate the british resolve in kicking the crap out of people that p1ss them off too much

Edited by oracle

HOLA4422

however, those hijackers work for foreign entities with a vested interest in stopping those who could stop them.

those who could stop them being primarily the yanks, ourselves, russia, and if they went on the right side, germany.

europe cannot be ruled by france, they cave in under pressure...in all of the european conflicts, napoleon, gorbachev,even hitler said,about the brits, something to the effect of ,we are polite to a fault, the first hit comes free, the second hit we will smile at you and do dutiful civilities

do not underestimate the british resolve in kicking the crap out of people that p1ss them off too much

you've read too much bbc history.

How Sir Winston Churchill Starved 4

Million Indians

http://www.vijayvaani.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?aid=1396

Add the slaughter of the Indian mutiny, the Irish potato famine, the 25,000 dead women and children in concentration camps in the boer war.

Edited by evetsm

HOLA4423

I can see France becoming the leader of Europe.

HOLA4424

I would guess the majority of Eastern Ukranians wish to merge with Russia in any case.

Wrong guess:

Pro-Russian "Opposition bloc" has not recieved in the last month parliment elections more than 35% in the East. It was the Putler's expectation that Ukrainians will welcome Russian army with flowers. He got mistaken ...

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/opposition-bloc-outperforms-forecasts-expected-to-be-fourth-largest-party-369650.html

In the new parliament the Opposition Bloc will be a strong voice for eastern Ukraine. It finished first in five eastern Ukrainian oblasts. Support was strongest for the party in Donetsk Oblast where they received 37.8 percent of the party vote and nearly 34 percent in Luhansk Oblast and 32.8 percent Kharkiv Oblast.

Edited by Damik

HOLA4425

IIRC the majority of the people in the occupied areas are or were Ukranian speakers.

Never mind. Putler is preparing his propaganda to save Russians from Baltic Nazis:

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/1/6880329/russia-baltic-threats-ukraine-estonia

A senior Russian Foreign Ministry official says that Moscow has a responsibility to protect ethnic Russian citizens of other countries, "regardless of where they live," and that "we will do everything possible to defend the rights and interests" of ethnic Russian minorities in the neighboring Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.The comments came from Anatoly Makarov, the director of the Foreign Ministry's Department for Interaction with Compatriots Abroad. He was speaking to the Russian outlet RuBaltic, as translated by Paul Goble. "We are carrying out a line so that Russian compatriots regardless of where they live are guaranteed all rights and freedoms ... and have the opportunity to preserve the culture and traditions of their historical Motherland," Makarov said, explicitly extending this to the million-plus ethnic Russians who are citizens of Baltic countries.