House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecrashingisles

'tiger' On The Loose Near Paris

I was at a sales presentation for a range of Tigger branded merchandise once and the marketing woman, who was clearly taking herself very seriously, actually said 'do you know what the wonderful thing about Tigger is?' as a rhetorical question in her interminable death by powerpoint presentation,

I said 'is it that he's bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun and the only one?'. She replied, without any flicker of recognition, in a way that suggested she was concerned I may be embarassed not to have the right answer 'no, it's that for the gift buying demographic he has appeal across the broadest age range in most categories when directly compared to the next biggest selling Disney licence'

I was at a sales presentation for a range of Tigger branded merchandise once and the marketing woman, who was clearly taking herself very seriously, actually said 'do you know what the wonderful thing about Tigger is?' as a rhetorical question in her interminable death by powerpoint presentation,

I said 'is it that he's bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun and the only one?'. She replied, without any flicker of recognition, in a way that suggested she was concerned I may be embarassed not to have the right answer 'no, it's that for the gift buying demographic he has appeal across the broadest age range in most categories when directly compared to the next biggest selling Disney licence'

I've had the misfortune to have had to endure many presentations and "training" sessions of that nature by a brainwashed numpty. Total waste of time!

The last one I was in was a repeat of the same training I had endured six weeks previously....they must have got a bigger training budget! At the end of the four days when the participants were allowed their say in how they had benefited from the training I got great delight from being in the position to tell the truth about what I felt. Sweet!

Getting back to big cat sightings. On and off we get reports of this in D & G.

Over 10 years ago I lived in a coastal village in D & G. Someone who was cycling back to the village from their work in the nearby town on a lovely mid summer morning told me they had seen a panther off the main road in a lane. A sensible person and an observer of nature.

A few weeks later I saw some paw prints in my veg patch. They were like cat ones but huge.

A few months later my son, aged about 10, came running through to the living room and said he'd seen a big cat that looked like a panther going by his bedroom window and up the road and over into the golf course. It was a dark autumn night but he was adamant that it looked like a panther....after all he'd seen them on the telly and in pictures.

Makes you wonder!

Too funny. :lol:

I've mentioned it before on these forms: The most wonderful thing about Tigger is that the actor who provided his voice in the cartoons also designed and built the world's first working implantable human artificial heart.

:lol:

Yeah but, she's right. Everyone likes Tigger.

'...But whatever his weight in pounds, shillings and ounces,

He always seems bigger because of his bounces.'

Apologies to the shade of A A Milne for having forgotten the rest of it.

I've had the misfortune to have had to endure many presentations and "training" sessions of that nature by a brainwashed numpty. Total waste of time!

The last one I was in was a repeat of the same training I had endured six weeks previously....they must have got a bigger training budget! At the end of the four days when the participants were allowed their say in how they had benefited from the training I got great delight from being in the position to tell the truth about what I felt. Sweet!

Over 10 years ago I lived in a coastal village in D & G. Someone who was cycling back to the village from their work in the nearby town on a lovely mid summer morning told me they had seen a panther off the main road in a lane. A sensible person and an observer of nature.

A few weeks later I saw some paw prints in my veg patch. They were like cat ones but huge.

A few months later my son, aged about 10, came running through to the living room and said he'd seen a big cat that looked like a panther going by his bedroom window and up the road and over into the golf course. It was a dark autumn night but he was adamant that it looked like a panther....after all he'd seen them on the telly and in pictures.

Makes you wonder!

I have a friend from Dumfries, forever more known as Dolce and Gabana land.

I saw a giraffe on the M6! I was passing Birmingham after being expelled from Scotland for obvious reasons! There was a very tall horse box in front of me with a giraffe in it!

Makes you wonder!

In broad daylight I was a few yards from a big cat - probably a lynx - in Cumbria, that's not far from d & g

Edit. In the wild!

I saw a giraffe on the M6! I was passing Birmingham after being expelled from Scotland for obvious reasons! There was a very tall horse box in front of me with a giraffe in it!

Ah, a cameleopard. They are the tallest leopards of all. Well done! You win!

Wild animals roaming around populated areas have always been swiftly dealt with where I come from...

Hartlepool-Monkey.jpg

XYY

That's a French spy, that is!

That's a French spy, that is!

Aye, and since that tiger is based in Paris, I can only presume it is being trained to infiltrate the UK.

Be vigilant hpcers, and let me know immediately if any of you discover a tiger that speaks no English in an empty French ship...

XYY