House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Help Me Out Here, When It Is Ok To Kiss A Nun?

Well, not just nuns. In fact, nuns rarely.

I am talking about kissing female friends and accquaintances. As a man I am somewhat confused by this and have been somewhat confused ever since, some years ago, I was in a queue of people meeting a friend who is a nun and...

Well, all the ladies went up and did that air kissing of the cheeks of the nun... and I was the first bloke in the queue and the nun then seemed to offer me her face to kiss so I, um, kissed her on either cheek - facial cheeks folks.

The other blokes in line were clearly relieved that I was the first who had to work out what to do but, judging by the nun's somewhat shocked reaction, I did wrong.

30 years later and I still do not know what to do. I have lots of female friends and if they offer me a hug in greeting or leaving I tend to kiss them once on each cheek. Am I doing wrong?

I know that women do not actually physically kiss due to lipstick/make-up and not wanting to get it on another but, being a bloke and nor a New Romantic, I tend not to wear any make-up so am I doing wrong in actually physically kissing the cheeks?

A bloke doing 'air-kissing' seems far more dubious to me.

Is there a hard and fast rule for this or is it horses for courses? (No, I do not kiss horses but have come close with one or two nags.).

Keep in mind that years later, you could be in court for sexual abuse. Most of the complaints about Jimmy Savile seem to revolve around his kissing of hands.......

Best advice I can give is don't touch, don't speak, don't even subject them to the "male gaze".

Ah, thank you.

She may have just looked shocked because of the spark of electricity between you and since given up her nunhood and be driving across Route 66 in an open top sports car, looking for you?

I still don't know - can one of the HPC ladies enlighten me. Is it right / expected to physically kiss a woman on the cheek when offered or do you expect some air kiss?

As a bloke to see several women air kiss and then I go and plant a smacker I genuinely do not know what is expected of me.

Some women appear to be shocked by it - but they seem the minority. Most seem very pleased.

Men don't air kiss... well, not big, strong macho no issues with their hetrosexuality men don't :)

She may have just looked shocked because of the spark of electricity between you and since given up her nunhood and be driving across Route 66 in an open top sports car, looking for you?

I have that affect on women - most of them end up lilving on another continent. Feck, I am turning into Mr. Pin.

I still don't know - can one of the HPC ladies enlighten me. Is it right / expected to physically kiss a woman on the cheek when offered or do you expect some air kiss?

As a bloke to see several women air kiss and then I go and plant a smacker I genuinely do not know what is expected of me.

Some women appear to be shocked by it - but they seem the minority. Most seem very pleased.

Men don't air kiss... well, not big, strong macho no issues with their hetrosexuality men don't :)

I have no idea.

How good looking are you? Do you get people physically flinch from you?

If the majority seem ok and happy then fab, you're doing it right.

If I don't like the look of someone I will put that hand out towards them and control their actions.

I have no idea.

How good looking are you? Do you get people physically flinch from you?

If the majority seem ok and happy then fab, you're doing it right.

If I don't like the look of someone I will put that hand out towards them and control their actions.

Stunningly gorgeous. Somewhere between George Clooney and Donald Duck (I too often go out without wearing any trousers.).

I feel your pain, TMT. It's not just kissing but hugging also. One woman told me that we avoid hugging those that we fancy (so I must fancy everyone). I now just try and avoid contact all together (to the point of rudeness without offering acknowledgement of their existence) and then get told I'm a misanthrope (which I probably am).

Is it right / expected to physically kiss a woman on the cheek when offered or do you expect some air kiss?

Do you grip them to you with a firm hand on the buttock, to demonstrate you "alphaness", while you're doing it? 'Cause if so, I don't think it matters too much either way.

Do you grip them to you with a firm hand on the buttock, to demonstrate you "alphaness", while you're doing it? 'Cause if so, I don't think it matters too much either way.

No, I do not do that... but I do go out of my way to, ahem, avoid below belt contact.

When women air kiss they too appear to go out of their way to avoid any kind of crotch on crotch contact but don't seem to worry about boob on boob contact.

Stunningly gorgeous. Somewhere between George Clooney and Donald Duck (I too often go out without wearing any trousers.).

George Clooney in a little sailor suit?

I'm fine with the cheek kissing thing, although I'm never quite sure where I should put my hands. As a man, what are you supposed to do?

No, I do not do that... but I do go out of my way to, ahem, avoid below belt contact.

When women air kiss they too appear to go out of their way to avoid any kind of crotch on crotch contact but don't seem to worry about boob on boob contact.

You shouldn't be thrusting your chest out!

Or anything else for that matter!