House Price Crash Forum

Not Got A House By The Age Of 30? You're A Failure...

HOLA441

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/533821/Priority-own-home-by-age-30

You mean giving into peer pressure, and getting a huge millstone around your neck - and then getting a house...

...failure on both counts..Good..

More of the young non-owners would be successes, if they were not forced to carry the owner failures, the banking failures, the political failures - with all the policies to intervene, print and protect the hyper-inflated equity wealth of a few sets of housing vested-interests.

HOLA442

So most Brits are aiming to own a home by 30.

Taking the average house price of about £272,000, that's an awful lot of working hard and saving up to buy a house. But I guess it's a noble ambition and I feel duly chastened that at 43, I still haven't managed it.

Oh wait.

They don't mean owning a home. They mean taking on a lifetime of mortgage slavery on an interest-only debt which will never be paid off simply for the privilege of living in a heap of bricks.

Where do I sign??? :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The quote about only failures travelling by bus was Mrs Thatcher, wasn't it? She made a lot of sense but I always thought she was wrong on this one - it was her provincial 1950s roots showing, from the days when 'getting ahead' meant buying a little Austin or Morris to ride around in.

Agreed

HOLA448
HOLA449

The quote about only failures travelling by bus was Mrs Thatcher, wasn't it? She made a lot of sense but I always thought she was wrong on this one - it was her provincial 1950s roots showing, from the days when 'getting ahead' meant buying a little Austin or Morris to ride around in.

Pretty sure that Thatcher bus quote is apocryphal. I thought she was meant to be quite a frugal person.

HOLA4410

Pretty sure that Thatcher bus quote is apocryphal. I thought she was meant to be quite a frugal person.

It would have been consistent with her approach to public Transport infrastructure however; I'm not opposed to her privatisations, but besides those she could have still promoted the complimentary strengths of public transport, which she didn't

HOLA4411
Guest Jemmy Button

Thatcher was wrong on many things not just that one.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415