Millionaire Mp Makes People Homeless

Timak

HOLA441
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

If you avoid the comment section, The Guardian has been about the only paper worth reading for ages now.

Never thought I'd end up an avid reader given my Tory allegiances (faded of course, because they've become a party of elitist self-serving greedy schoolboy types and frankly a lot of our problems now stem from the lady I voted for throughout the 80s).

It's the only paper pushing peoples' buttons from time to time as opposed to serving up a constant diet of state propaganda. Again... never thought I'd think that, but I'd be an idiot if I didn't grudgingly acknowledge it.

Edited by byron78

HOLA443

Really? would you prefer the Daily Mail version? what would they say, that he is ridding the local rich community of these working class parasites? dito the Torygraph, the Times etc. We have more than enough right wing opinion, which in fact is much behind what is driving the insane BTL and house price rise mania.

+1

The problem IS LibLabConUKIP =====> Oh look over there EU, Immigrants, Scroungers, Ebola, Isis (the list is endless)

HOLA444
Guest UK Debt Slave

+1

The problem IS LibLabConUKIP =====> Oh look over there EU, Immigrants, Scroungers, Ebola, Isis (the list is endless)

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” - H L Mencken

Sadly very true

HOLA445
HOLA446

Absolutely disgusting. I can understand why these types of people have met grisly ends in times of revolution.

It’s this kind of thing that sparks revolution. Not this time I’m sure, but there are only a finite number of times that the landed, subsidised wealthy can so blatantly screw the poor before the poor rise up and start kicking off in a big way. There’s an inflection point after which it becomes more advantageous for the wealthy to actually treat people like human beings than it does to treat them like cattle.

That point can arrive either via elected representatives actually representing the interests of those that elected them over the interests of the privileged few, or it can come via a credible threat to the privilege few’s way of life from those they are screwing over.
Edited by Bear Goggles

HOLA447
Guest UK Debt Slave

It’s this kind of thing that sparks revolution. Not this time I’m sure, but there are only a finite number of times that the landed, subsidised wealthy can so blatantly screw the poor before the poor rise up and start kicking off in a big way. There’s an inflection point after which it becomes more advantageous for the wealthy to actually treat people like human beings than it does to treat them like cattle.

That point can arrive either via elected representatives actually representing the interests of those that elected them over the interests of the privileged few, or it can come via a credible threat to the privilege few’s way of life from those they are screwing over.

Last night's utter fiasco over the EAW vote just shows how much contempt the scumbags in Westminster have for the people

Douglas Carswell vented his spleen about it in the Telegraph this morning

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11222835/European-Arrest-Warrant-Last-nights-Commons-farce-reveals-the-disgusting-way-in-which-Britain-is-governed.html

Sadly, I can't envisage a revolution ever happening in Britain

The people are utterly submissive

Edited by UK Debt Slave

HOLA448

Why do people put their X in the box for scroungers like Benyon?

From his recent website blog

http://www.richardbenyon.com/richards-blog

A general malaise with politics often sees comments being made about MPs being either out of touch or not in the real world. It's true some are. But most aren't. It's hard to represent any constituency and be immune to both the good and the bad in society. Just looking at an average week makes the point. I will have an advice surgery which will bring problems as varied as housing, benefits, neighbour disputes, immigration issues and domestic violence. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you add to this a mail bag, an inbox and the daily fill of visits and meetings with individuals, businesses and voluntary bodies, I would have to be a soggy-headed dullard to be unaware of what is going on.

Yup.

Edited by R K

HOLA449
Guest UK Debt Slave

Why do people put their X in the box for any of the scrounging scum

They are all as bad as eachother

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Why do people put their X in the box for any of the scrounging scum

They are all as bad as eachother

Why not post up evidence along the lines of the article then/

Id hazard a guess none of the other candidates for his Newbury seat have his level of wealth or land subisidies, but would be happy for you to prove otherwise.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

House prices more than doubled under the last Labour government............remember that?

In fact, McRuin Broon, the one eyed mucus munching, phone throwing, photocopier kicking psychopath, is more responsible than anyone else for the current economic mess we are in. It was NuLabour policy to make the BoE independent and allow an institution that exists beyond any public open scrutiny to set the base interest rate too low for way too long.......remember that?

The problem with making the BoE independent is that it had to control inflation but not asset inflation. If it had a target of house prices not rising by more 2% a year things would be a lot better now as they were reasonable in 1997.

HOLA4414
Guest UK Debt Slave

The problem with making the BoE independent is that it had to control inflation but not asset inflation. If it had a target of house prices not rising by more 2% a year things would be a lot better now as they were reasonable in 1997.

"it had to control inflation but not asset inflation"

You write as if they are different things.

"inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon" - Milton friedman

If borrowing costs are kept artificially low, asset bubbles are certain to grow.

Consumer inflation has been slower to catch up..............but it inevitiably will do...... eventually.

Edited by UK Debt Slave

HOLA4415
Consumer inflation has been slower to catch up..............but it inevitiably will do...... eventually.

Consumer inflation has been lied about since at least the turn of the century.

HOLA4416

Brown handed the BOE over to the financial free-market (well the Goldman-Sachs cartel that controls much of it). I often get confused when free marketeers who are anti-state anything slag Brown off for doing this. He was just following the "less state interference/pro privitisation" panacea they usually apply to fix everything else.

It obviously didn't work and they're right to criticise it, but they don't seem capable of extending that logic beyond just hating Brown for being useless/Scottish/having a glass eye.

Edited by byron78

HOLA4417

From his recent website blog

http://www.richardbenyon.com/richards-blog

Yup.

Great find.

My god. How is it possible for anyone to have anything other than utter contempt for these people?

Out of touch with people's problems? Nope. You ARE the problem you disgusting parasite!

HOLA4418
Guest UK Debt Slave

Brown handed the BOE over to the financial free-market (well the Goldman-Sachs cartel that controls much of it). I often get confused when free marketeers who are anti-state anything slag Brown off for doing this. He was just following the "less state interference/pro privitisation" panacea they usually apply to fix everything else.

"Brown handed the BOE over to the financial free-market (well the Goldman-Sachs cartel that controls much of it)."

If it's controlled by special interests, then it isn't a free market is it?

Brown was responsible for the system of regulation between the BoE, the MPC and the FSA and for their control and implementation of the base lending rate. No wonder it all went so spectacularly wrong!

But anyway, what you say is fundamentally wrong. The central banks make their own rules. They aren't controlled by anyone, least of all by "the free market" or by Gordon Brown or by anyone else

The BoE is only answerable to one other institution, the BIS in Basel, Switzerland, the central bank of all central banks.

Really, the most prepostrous gobbledegook

HOLA4419
Guest UK Debt Slave

Consumer inflation has been lied about since at least the turn of the century.

Ever since the origins of money actually.

In the past, people have fiddled with the composition of the metals used in coins, skimmed the edges off coins, counterfeitted money and eventually we have a situation as we have today where inflation is disguised by Orwellian language such as "Quantatitive Easing"

HOLA4420

If borrowing costs are kept artificially low, asset bubbles are certain to grow.

It would be more credible to argue that rates were too high during the pre-crisis period, rather than too low.

But what has any of this to do with this MP and this tread apart from your obvious desire to take it off topic?

HOLA4421

Sorry, I know it's easy to sharp-shoot someone's hastily written blog, but this is Richard Benyon's explanation for why politicians aren't out of touch with the electorate:

I have the view that because of email, social media and the speed of communications generally, MPs should never have been more in touch

No, you soggy-headed dullard, being 'in-touch', does not mean answering emails quickly and having a Facebook profile. What kind of a complete and utter brainless twit are you?

I just can't...

Argh!! No words.

HOLA4422
Guest UK Debt Slave

It would be more credible to argue that rates were too high during the pre-crisis period, rather than too low.

But what has any of this to do with this MP and this tread apart from your obvious desire to take it off topic?

"It would be more credible to argue that rates were too high during the pre-crisis period, rather than too low."

You gotta be kidding!

Interest rates averaged out over the last 60 years would be 8-9%. If they had stayed like that, house prices would never have got to where they are today. House prices are a function of available credit. If you flood the economy with cheap credit, as has been the case in the last 15+ years, house prices will go through the roof and there will be a flight of capital into other assets that are perceived to be a better store of value.

"But what has any of this to do with this MP and this tread apart from your obvious desire to take it off topic?"

If you think I have some agenda to do that, (I certainly haven't) why are you replying to my post at all?

Actually, I don't understand why this one MP is being singled out when they are all as bad as eachother. I detest them all.

Edited by UK Debt Slave

HOLA4423
Guest UK Debt Slave

Sorry, I know it's easy to sharp-shoot someone's hastily written blog, but this is Richard Benyon's explanation for why politicians aren't out of touch with the electorate:

No, you soggy-headed dullard, being 'in-touch', does not mean answering emails quickly and having a Facebook profile. What kind of a complete and utter brainless twit are you?

I just can't...

Argh!! No words.

Yeah. It's pretty tragic isn't it ^_^

HOLA4424

You gotta be kidding!

. I detest them all.

Of course Im not kidding rates were at a level that caused the worst depression in 100 years. 5.5% was clearly far too high given theyve been at 0% for the last 5 years (plus QE on top). Thats pretty straightforward.

You stuff about Friedman is clearly nonsense given the level of inflation. hence youre forced to contend inflation must be a lie else your argument fails.

Not sure what your detestation has to do with the original article or your subsequent attempts to take it off topic.

HOLA4425

Well they are and they are not. From the BOE's point of view only the CPI was important - house prices could double ever year and they didn't need to worry (of course this was a bad idea but thanks Gordon).