HOLA441
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Personally I think it's great that inequality is being talked about. The rules are being written by people with a VI in the status quo.

It's amazing how people see poor people stealing their money though tax and hate the people on benefits that get money for nothing.

Yet the rich that steal their money via share profits are looked up too even though they get their money for doing nothing as well.

Why is that?

HOLA445
HOLA446

Not considering a balance sheet as part of our wealth and purely concentrating on income is an in built part of our culture.

So over 60s controlling two thirds of the Nation's wealth but having access to benefits is a natural progression of that.

I once knew an elderly lady who was a millionaire but used to get the food from the church harvest festival hand out. Because somehow we become blind to personal balance sheets. Convenient for boomers I suppose. ;)

Can you point to another time when older people didn't own most of the wealth? Maybe you know of some point in the past when houses were owned outright by people in their 20's and 30's and these same people were drawing pensions whilst the over 60's were paying mortgages and saving for retirement?