House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Microscope

Now I can look at really small things! It looks like "posh laboratory" equipment rather than a toy! Quite a whim really!

Now I can look at really small things! It looks like "posh laboratory" equipment rather than a toy! Quite a whim really!

I have been tempted to buy a good industrial one for a while, out of curiousity.

However, i picked up a cheap USB microscope a couple of years back, and it is, despite the 640x480 pic, remarkably good (and useful).

Also, I like magnifying glasses. Until i bought my first magnifying glass and examined ants, I had no idea that they would mysteriously self-combust on sunny days.

Congratulations!

Try snowflakes when it snows - magic! In the meantime, cotton wool, hair, rainwater, edge of a leaf...the choice is endless!

Before long you'll be wanting an electron microscope!

Try taking photographs - photomicroscopy was my Dad's job, as well as being a research chemist. :)

I couldn't get by without mine; daily sperm counts, writing the Lord's Prayer on grains of rice, giving motivational talks to individual yeast, the uses are endless.

Congratulations!

Try snowflakes when it snows - magic! In the meantime, cotton wool, hair, rainwater, edge of a leaf...the choice is endless!

Before long you'll be wanting an electron microscope!

Try taking photographs - photomicroscopy was my Dad's job, as well as being a research chemist. :)

Your dad must be clever! I never went to the clever school!

Microscopes need good light, and this one probably had a light at some point, or a mirror, I will use a light! It is a real "laboratory" instrument and will make me clever like Einstein, who could see electrons with his bare eyes! As for snowflakes, I always wonder why they are symmetrical. How does one arm know what the other side looks like?

Why do you count your sperm? Do they go missing? Do you hold a roll-call?

I've tried that already, and there are five!

Your dad must be clever! I never went to the clever school!

Microscopes need good light, and this one probably had a light at some point, or a mirror, I will use a light! It is a real "laboratory" instrument and will make me clever like Einstein, who could see electrons with his bare eyes! As for snowflakes, I always wonder why they are symmetrical. How does one arm know what the other side looks like?

All you need is to shine a lamp - a desk lamp is ideal - through a cylindrical vessel holding water, That will act as a lens and concentrate the light on the subject. No sure if a glass of water would do. That's how Hooke did it, though with a candle, rather than an anglepoise!

And yes, my Dad was clever. As is all my family.

All you need is to shine a lamp - a desk lamp is ideal - through a cylindrical vessel holding water, That will act as a lens and concentrate the light on the subject. No sure if a glass of water would do. That's how Hooke did it, though with a candle, rather than an anglepoise!

And yes, my Dad was clever. As is all my family.

No wonder you murdered them all!

I couldn't get by without mine; daily sperm counts, writing the Lord's Prayer on grains of rice, giving motivational talks to individual yeast, the uses are endless.

Oh Crikey! I've just bought something I didn't need again! Still, I shall clean it out and make it shiny! I guess it came from a drug dealer! :blink:

I've tried that already, and there are five!

I tried to take mine for a walk once, and got arrested.

Jealousy is a terrible thing!! :unsure:

Family is a funny thing!

I tried to take mine for a walk once, and got arrested.

That's because you let them out of your balls in public! :blink:

That's because you let them out of your balls in public! :blink:

How else are they supposed to play fetch, genius?

I haven't discovered anything "useful for science or Mankind yet! :o

Specially mine!! :ph34r: Of course, I'm perfectly sane and normal! :o

I have two sisters, who are as normal as me!

Where do you keep them?

London and Sussex!

One in each place, or have you dismembered them?

No I actually have two sisters!! Who live in different places!