House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

Liar Loan Whistleblower Silenced --- Merged

This young lawyer tried to stop J P Morgan dealing in Toxic & Fraudulent LIAR LOANS....

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-9-billion-witness-20141106?page=6

She discovered that with some random samples, 40 per cent of mortgage holders had overstated their incomes - leading to a higher risk of default.

In the end --- J P Morgan bought off criminal prosecution for $9Billion.....

AND SO THEY SAVED THEMSELVES HUNDREDS/THOUSANDS OF BILLIONS "PROFIT" which they made from the entire LIAR LOAN SCAM.....

UnF***ING BELIEVABLE!

Edited by eric pebble

This is simply whitewashing crime on the grounds that its too large to tackle.

Maybe we should all just refuse to pay our taxes and see if its ignored. :o

:) Nice one!

She'd like to see something done about it, emphasizing that there still is time. The statute of limitations for wire fraud, for instance, has not run out, and she strongly believes there's a case there, against the bank's executives.

Why do I already know the outcome of this? :(

Jamie Dimon was paid an incredible $9b to ensure that Fleischmann's evidence was not made public. Wonder will he pay that back now that Fleischmann's integrity has not been silenced and we all know? Sadly, I do know the answer to that.

Jamie Dimon was paid an incredible $9b to ensure that Fleischmann's evidence was not made public. Wonder will he pay that back now that Fleischmann's integrity has not been silenced and we all know? Sadly, I do know the answer to that.

What sums it up for me is that Dimon was awarded a big pay hike based on the way he negotiated the the fines levied on the bank he was running at the time those criminal acts were carried out. :lol:

Ha!!! :D:lol:

Funny Kilham --- .......but sad too...... I mean....... WHY are the whole lot of those f*****s not in jail??? HOW can that be???? :wacko:

It mightr have something to do with how Presidents, Senators and Congressmen obtain funds for campaigns.

Fascism.

What sums it up for me is that Dimon was awarded a big pay hike based on the way he negotiated the the fines levied on the bank he was running at the time those criminal acts were carried out. :lol:

For today's financial institutions, fines for fraud are just a cost of doing business. Minimising the fines is an act worthy of reward. There's no incentive not to commit the fraud in the first place.

Seems that they are unable to make money without misselling, misleading or whatever name they have given to their fraud this week. Fraud is a compulsory activity if they want to be profitable. Would any of the banks be above water if they were honest and acted with even the merest scraping of fiduciary duty?

Edited by little fish

For today's financial institutions, fines for fraud are just a cost of doing business. Minimising the fines is an act worthy of reward. There's no incentive not to commit the fraud in the first place.

---

Sad - but true.

Edited by eric pebble

Whistle-blower Interviewed on Max Kaiser 15.15mins in ...

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/204779-episode-max-keiser-679/

Edit: Latest Kaiser episode. 16.10 in ...

In the second half, Max interviews Matt Taibbi about his Rolling Stone exclusive on the JP Morgan whistleblower, Alayne Fleischmann, who was interviewed in the previous episode of the Keiser Report.

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/205583-episode-max-keiser-680/

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

---

Sad - but true.

A VP (lots of them) at JP Morgan told me that they allow for half of profits to be lost in fines.

Wall Street Giant Paid $9 Billion To Silence Woman, but Tip of the Iceberg

“It was like watching an old lady get mugged on the street,” she says, describing the actions she witnessed in her time with JPMorgan Chase as a deal manager of the bank. It was “massive criminal securities fraud” in the mortgage operations. A grand scale of fraud which saw Fleischmann blocked on every turn when trying to report it. Eventually the bank paid large fines, but without trials, judges or court system. Negotiations were settled under the table quietly and secretly; going to great lengths to conceal the goings-on from the general public.

story here....

Doesn't Mr Blair work for that company now.

According to wikipedia

In January 2008, it was confirmed that Blair would be joining investment bank JPMorgan Chase in a "senior advisory capacity"..

Edited by billybong

Read this timeline of the great depression other day:

http://www.hyperhistory.com/online_n2/connections_n2/great_depression.html

• Alarmed by Roosevelt's plan to redistribute wealth from the rich to the poor, a group of millionaire businessmen, led by the Du Pont and J.P. Morgan empires, plans to overthrow Roosevelt with a military coup and install a fascist government modelled after Mussolini's regime in Italy. The businessmen try to recruit General Smedley Butler, promising him an army of 500,000, unlimited financial backing and generous media spin control. The plot is foiled when Butler reports it to Congress.

The businessmen try to recruit General -----------, promising him an army of 500,000, unlimited financial backing and generous media spin control.

It sounds as if the idea maybe took a bit longer to take hold in the US than in the UK.

A VP (lots of them) at JP Morgan told me that they allow for half of profits to be lost in fines.

If that is true -- and I don't really doubt it is --- it just shows what the rest of us are up against..... I feel utter despair, yet again...