House Price Crash Forum

Cat Mess On The Lawn And Bird Attack

Ash4781

HOLA441

A number of cats have been leaving mess on my (well rental) lawn. The mess did stop in the summer but seems to be back. Unfortunately yesterday after a weekend away I returned to find a pigeon carcass and feathers across the whole of the lawn. My guess would be either a fox or a cat. The cats do seem to fight over the lawn territory but suspect the fox is also trying to dominate the territory. Does anyone have a tips for managing ?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

If male wee on your garden in various spots to mark your territory. Do it every day for a couple of weeks and then once or twice a week after that. It has to be male wee and not female. Don't do it before it rains, do it afterwards.

If you do not fancy waving your magic wand in public then urinate in a plastic bottle and pour around your garden. If you have a healthy diet full of minerals you will also get a greener growth of grass.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

If male wee on your garden in various spots to mark your territory. Do it every day for a couple of weeks and then once or twice a week after that. It has to be male wee and not female. Don't do it before it rains, do it afterwards.

If you do not fancy waving your magic wand in public then urinate in a plastic bottle and pour around your garden. If you have a healthy diet full of minerals you will also get a greener growth of grass.

I'm not sure I could make female wee! A ladyfriend of mine always wants men to wee on the compost heap. It helps the fermentation process, and keeps away bears.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

A number of cats have been leaving mess on my (well rental) lawn. The mess did stop in the summer but seems to be back. Unfortunately yesterday after a weekend away I returned to find a pigeon carcass and feathers across the whole of the lawn. My guess would be either a fox or a cat. The cats do seem to fight over the lawn territory but suspect the fox is also trying to dominate the territory. Does anyone have a tips for managing ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PestBye-Battery-Operated-Cat-Repeller/dp/B004SGC75S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415028165&sr=8-1&keywords=electronic+cat+scarer

I have one except it is a different brand. Some appear to be pretty useless, so maybe look on Amazon and buy according to reviews. A good one will emit an inaudible (to humans) high pitched noise, which cats (and foxes if adjusted correctly) do not take kindly to .

It usually takes a few weeks for the hardened top cats to stay away as they like to try and overcome the noise but it is uncomfortable for them.

The batteries need changing regularly so best to get rechargeables. I regularly used to come home to see feathers all over the lawn . I feed the birds and it seems the pigeons are the dopey ones who get caught and eaten, or just killed for fun.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

You could do what a rural living uncle of mine did in my youth, in dealing with pestering stray cats, especially annoying in the summer time when we would eat outside and they would boldly come within spitting distance whining and mewling for food, etc........

He would 'spike' scraps of meat with the hottest extra uber spicy sauce/condiment he had and throw it to them. Said cats would then make a mad dash for the scraps. The most we saw of them after that was just one or two, in the distance, sitting in the shade looking sorry for themselves under some trees with their tongues hanging out!

They must have learned their lesson and stayed well clear after that?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

You could do what a rural living uncle of mine did in my youth, in dealing with pestering stray cats, especially annoying in the summer time when we would eat outside and they would boldly come within spitting distance whining and mewling for food, etc........

He would 'spike' scraps of meat with the hottest extra uber spicy sauce/condiment he had and throw it to them. Said cats would then make a mad dash for the scraps. The most we saw of them after that was just one or two, in the distance, sitting in the shade looking sorry for themselves under some trees with their tongues hanging out!

They must have learned their lesson and stayed well clear after that?

I'm suprised, cats usually sniff out stuff like that and stay well clear. Bit like doga who jump in a gulp the lot down without thought.

Reminds me of a nasty ploy burglers work on guard dogs. They crush glass into meat and feed it to the dog. The dog dies (horribly) a few daya later and the house/premises is free to burgle.

HOLA4420

Had a GF years ago that was always wanting me to wee on her t*its. Could never bring myself to do it though, always got bladder shy.

That's just the sort of anecdotal, that "Off Topic" needs! Was she German?

HOLA4421

I'm not sure I could make female wee! A ladyfriend of mine always wants men to wee on the compost heap. It helps the fermentation process, and keeps away bears.

That's definitely worth knowing as I have been having real issues with overweight male homosexuals persistently stealing my compost.

HOLA4422

That's definitely worth knowing as I have been having real issues with overweight male homosexuals persistently stealing my compost.

I used to live in Hove too!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I'm suprised, cats usually sniff out stuff like that and stay well clear. Bit like doga who jump in a gulp the lot down without thought.

Reminds me of a nasty ploy burglers work on guard dogs. They crush glass into meat and feed it to the dog. The dog dies (horribly) a few daya later and the house/premises is free to burgle.

I'm no animal/pet lover but....THAT is just plain blood boiling evil! :o

That said.....I wonder if that 'technique' works on people?! :ph34r:

Archived