House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Mps' Expenses Claims Destroyed By House Of Commons Authorities

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/mps-expenses-claims-destroyed-by-house-of-commons-authorities--xJZVRJjzvl

All MPs expenses claims from before 2010 have reportedly been destroyed by the House of Commons authorities.

According to the Telegraph, the newspaper that first broke the expenses scandal story in 2009, thousands of pieces of information have been destroyed in order to comply with data protection law.

Under the House of Commons “Authorised Records Disposal Practice”, all MPs expenses claims are shredded after three years.

However, John Bercow, the Speaker of the House, now faces accusations that he has presided over another cover-up as there is now insufficient evidence to discipline MPs over bogus claims.

How convenient.

Guest UK Debt Slave

Meanwhile, us plebs are required by law to keep our previous 6 years of financial records

Under the House of Commons “Authorised Records Disposal Practice”, all MPs expenses claims are shredded after three years.

They didn't even give it the 6 years required for everybody else by HMRC for tax return documents.

Edited by billybong

Guest UK Debt Slave

How many here voting for the present system of government ?

I'm 50 and I've never voted in a GE

I'll be voting UKIP next year

It's probably the last GE we will have in the UK with the remotest possibility to change anything

It's probably the last GE we will have in the UK with the remotest possibility to change anything

I'm not talking G.Es...Im talking the actual method by which we are governed. I dont agree with it, full stop. I dont agree with 60%+ of my income being taken for me to pay for a pointless/useless public sector. I dont agree with 600+ public school boys and sons of MPs voting on my destiny. I dont agree with the unelected body that is the house of lords. I dont agree with the ponzi economics and their support of the banks and the establishment. I dont agree with the mass immigration and Europe. I dont agree with the wars they wage in ournames.

None of us have ever been asked if we agree with it, it's just forced upon us.

Where is our constitution?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Doesn't even seem to matter if you have a constitution, the incumbent simply rewrites the rules by decree, onthe basis of terrorist threats requiring such laws. I can see why continuous war and terrorism is so beloved by politicians, trouble at home, just stir up some shit elsewhere and start pointing and shouting.

But I agree, there is no representation here.

First unentangle ourselves from Europe, then there is a least a chance of some democratic action at parliament level.

Guest UK Debt Slave

I'm not talking G.Es...Im talking the actual method by which we are governed. I dont agree with it, full stop. I dont agree with 60%+ of my income being taken for me to pay for a pointless/useless public sector. I dont agree with 600+ public school boys and sons of MPs voting on my destiny. I dont agree with the unelected body that is the house of lords. I dont agree with the ponzi economics and their support of the banks and the establishment. I dont agree with the mass immigration and Europe. I dont agree with the wars they wage in ournames.

None of us have ever been asked if we agree with it, it's just forced upon us.

We've never had a proper constitution.......That would be far too inconvenient for them. Look at the problems they have controlling the Americans. They can't take their guns like Blair did here.

I totally agree with everything you say in your post.

1984 anyone??

Doesn't even seem to matter if you have a constitution, the incumbent simply rewrites the rules by decree, onthe basis of terrorist threats requiring such laws. I can see why continuous war and terrorism is so beloved by politicians, trouble at home, just stir up some shit elsewhere and start pointing and shouting.

But I agree, there is no representation here.

First disentangle ourselves from Europe, then there is a least a chance of some democratic action at parliament level.

Guest UK Debt Slave

1984 anyone??

We are moving into something closer to Aldous Huxley's future dystopian vision than Orwell's

It will be a "softer" tyranny.......but tyranny none the less

Would be great if all our wages were paid as tax free expenses....salary £10k plus living expenses, would imagine everyone would jump at that. ;)

And they wonder why they are hated with a passion.

But they know one thing. However bad they are, they'll have us out at election time, voting for them. They know their public.

We are moving into something closer to Aldous Huxley's future dystopian vision than Orwell's

It will be a "softer" tyranny.......but tyranny none the less

I agree, back in the 60's we would be appalled at the thought of a camera in every room/home. Well we went out in droves and bought webcams!

Then a database that keeps track of every action, spend, habit, job, activity - we volunteer this action through Facebook, Twitter etc

Quite incredible social programming in my opinion.

They think they are making things better for themselves, and so the country

in the long run they are making it far, far worse for themselves than they have the ability or foresight to imagine.

Since the evidence has been shredded the precationary principle suggests one assumes they're all corrupt.

Think they've shot their own fox with this rather odd behaviour.

Love the way they lie and say it was "to comply with data protection law"

I'm slightly out of touch with this but when I worked in this area the rule was that you set your own retention policy then had to comply with it.

You could also easily change your policy and choose your own exemptions.

So you could easily say "clearly there is public/legal interest in retaining this so we'll apply the standard keep forever exemption"

Since the evidence has been shredded the precationary principle suggests one assumes they're all corrupt.

this is not acceptable behaviour.

period.

they are PUBLIC EMPLOYEES.

WE DEMAND FULL OVERSIGHT AS TO THEIR USE OF ALLOTTED PUBLIC MONEY.

we pay them, so we have the right to know how it is being spent.

mis-allocation of public funds is still a criminal offence in this country.

shredding seems to infer concealment..which is not what our servants are paid for.

we own you..bitches.

Love the way they lie and say it was "to comply with data protection law"

I'm slightly out of touch with this but when I worked in this area the rule was that you set your own retention policy then had to comply with it.

You could also easily change your policy and choose your own exemptions.

So you could easily say "clearly there is public/legal interest in retaining this so we'll apply the standard keep forever exemption"

http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/information_standards/principle_5?hidecookiesbanner=true

This is the fifth data protection principle. In practice, it means that you will need to:

• review the length of time you keep personal data;
  • consider the purpose or purposes you hold the information for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it;
  • securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and
  • update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.

Assuming that you have a good reason for processing the personal data in question, it is obvious that discarding that data too soon would be likely to disadvantage your business and, quite possibly, to inconvenience the people the information is about as well. However, keeping personal data for too long may cause the following problems:

• There is an increased risk that the information will go out of date, and that outdated information will be used in error – to the detriment of all concerned.
  • As time passes it becomes more difficult to ensure that information is accurate.
  • Even though you may no longer need the personal data, you must still make sure it is held securely.
  • You must also be willing and able to respond to subject access requests for any personal data you hold. This may be more difficult if you are holding more data than you need.
We have already mentioned the links between the third, fourth and fifth data protection principles. So, for example, personal data held for longer than necessary will, by definition, be excessive and may also be irrelevant. In any event, it is inefficient to hold more information than necessary.

Well I think we can all agree it might fecking inconvenience them. Therefore it has to be destroyed.....

Jailed expenses cheat Denis MacShane says he is 'so glad' records of MPs' claims have been SHREDDED to avoid further scrutiny

1415010027599_Puff_Image_galleryImage_MP

The ex-MP, who served six weeks of a six-month sentence for fraudulently claiming £13,000, welcomed the destruction of pre-2010 expenses files so that other politicians 'won't face difficulties'.

I've done pretty much everything in your sig. On the individual level, this is best form of voting.