House Price Crash Forum

David Blanchflower: Woof! The Deflation Dog Is Barking Loudly – But The Bank Of England Won’T Do Anything

HOLA441

I suspect with the recent food and non-food discounting CPI will come in lower. It's trending lower and I don't know where the floor is. Petrol for me second biggest expense and is now about -8% year on year on price. Gas and electric are holding up but the providers are dragging their feet.

HOLA442
HOLA443

FU Blanchflower and all your VI complacent types who need to be broken by the hardest HPC of all time, on their hyperinflated house prices.

Get fresh debt on their outright owned/equity rich houses, at much lower transaction prices, for the good of the banks, shareholders, government revenues, and the economy.

The population of potential Buyers has DECREASED

…. due to LACK OF SUFFICIENT INCOME to pay such HIGH PRICES.

Many Buyers either CAN'T QUALIFY and therefore can’t BUY

.. OR WILL JUST NOT BUY ANYTHING OUT OF “FEAR” when extreme

asking prices are so SCARY ALREADY.

:P:P:P

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Looks like I managed to successfully rattle his cage - check out his reply to "sensible bloke" (me of course).

Oh I was trying to find something on his Twitter - didn't realise there were comments on the article itself.

Agree with you and Brit1234. Do his students never challenge him? Give us more HPI and higher prices please, and more student debt too.

D_BLANCHFLOWER 3 days ago
Sensiblebloke

I guess being a tenured professor at an Ivy League University doesnt count as a real job? If not what does?

DGB

HOLA4410

Oh I was trying to find something on his Twitter - didn't realise there were comments on the article itself.

Agree with you and Brit1234. Do his students never challenge him? Give us more HPI and higher prices please, and more student debt too.

D_BLANCHFLOWER 3 days ago[/size]

Sensiblebloke

I guess being a tenured professor at an Ivy League University doesnt count as a real job? If not what does?

DGB

A plumber, electrician, coal miner is a real job, a tenured professor is about as far from reality as you could get IMO.

What exactly does he want the PTB to do, just print shedloads more money?

Edited by dances with sheeple