House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
longgone

Clapham 105K Off

They've sent it to auction so that guide price is lowered by £100k to attract interest. Generally the rule of thumb I follow is to add £50k above the listings at auctions. However in this case I can't see a 1 bed flat on the south side of London fetching more than £270k.

Perhaps the seller should hold off until the BTL pensioners come in next year <_<

They've sent it to auction so that guide price is lowered by £100k to attract interest. Generally the rule of thumb I follow is to add £50k above the listings at auctions. However in this case I can't see a 1 bed flat on the south side of London fetching more than £270k.

Perhaps the seller should hold off until the BTL pensioners come in next year <_<

Although the market is definitely coming down, I'd still expect a proper 1 bed in this location to go for £300k. The problem is that this one is just a studio flat with part of the louge sectioned off as a bedroom, so even £260k looks high.

Clapham always seems to have a premium attached to it it is a beautiful place with plenty of parks close by.

I think you will be surprised for what it sells for

I think you will see it sell for 325 if not more. 42 square metres is a good size for a one bed flat

Clapham always seems to have a premium attached to it it is a beautiful place with plenty of parks close by.

I think you will see it sell for 325 if not more. 42 square metres is a good size for a one bed flat

That would be a pain of a rabbit hutch flat to live in with all those communal areas, need good relations not to fall out over parking/garden use, likely lots of noise disturbance from outside and in, sort of flat it would be better to be a renter than an owner in. Local housing allowance for that flat would be £244 a week, about £1,052 per month so it will be interesting to see what it sells for in terms of rental yield.

how comes no one snapped it up when it went to 350k then

seller seems in trouble to me

looks like 180k worth to me

Last bid was £300k at auction, did not reach reserve so went unsold.

Thanks for updating. Miss the great auction threads there used to be on here!

surprised some prat will pay 300k for that thing

like i said 180k to 200k

There's every chance the auctioneer was taking bids off the wall to generate some interest. But failed