House Price Crash Forum

Live Rich

SarahBell

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I subscribe to that always have.....growing older only gets better, be yourself, don't get caught up with what people tell you, you should be, should look like, do for a living, or what you should buy......either go with the flow or go against the flow, I know... ;)

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Got up to the bit where someone else (retail) is to blame for our own shortcomings.

If you don't want to buy crap, don't buy crap.. It's that simple (as Al Murray would say).

Watch QVC for a few hours and see how people are easily led into parting from money they either worked hard for or borrowed even harder for.....listen to the same words...'you are getting this' 'stylish' lines are busy'.....get it now or forever regret,lost out, fail....etc,etc....

Sold down the river.....if you believe all they want you to believe.....three easy, very easy payments......the phone lines are going mad.

HOLA448

Got up to the bit where someone else (retail) is to blame for our own shortcomings.

If you don't want to buy crap, don't buy crap.. It's that simple (as Al Murray would say).

I always like buying stuff! None of it has been in an advert!

HOLA449

Watch QVC for a few hours and see how people are easily led into parting from money they either worked hard for or borrowed even harder for.....listen to the same words...'you are getting this' 'stylish' lines are busy'.....get it now or forever regret,lost out, fail....etc,etc....

Sold down the river.....if you believe all they want you to believe.....three easy, very easy payments......the phone lines are going mad.

Sin!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Building Society ad? same kind of doggerel.

I'm never influenced by anything, althought some burger here tempted me into buiying a ukulele.

HOLA4412

Sin!

Only one word for it.....gullible.

Some good and worthwhile stuff but buyer beware.....don't fall for all the high powered please part with your money hard selling speil...most of it will not make anyone happier, more popular, healthier,better looking and most certainly not richer.

HOLA4413

Only one word for it.....gullible.

Some good and worthwhile stuff but buyer beware.....don't fall for all the high powered please part with your money hard selling speil...most of it will not make anyone happier, more popular, healthier,better looking and most certainly not richer.

I want a gold Rolex now! It appears everyone buys them at airports, according to a magazine I skimmed through on a plane once!

HOLA4414

I want a gold Rolex now! It appears everyone buys them at airports, according to a magazine I skimmed through on a plane once!

I want something to make me more stylish, something that can change me, make me look better, something to make me look younger, richer, slimmer,healthier, a better person, makes everyone like me, want me, be like me etc, etc.......nothing you can purchase can do any of that. ;)

HOLA4415

I want something to make me more stylish, something that can change me, make me look better, something to make me look younger, richer, slimmer,healthier, a better person, makes everyone like me, want me, be like me etc, etc.......nothing you can purchase can do any of that. ;)

I find beer makes people look better. If YOU want to look better, buy somebody a pint!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I'm never influenced by anything, althought some burger here tempted me into buiying a ukulele.

Everyone and I mean everyone is influenced some way or the other in fact I would go so far to say that only the person who knows that they can only be subjective is anywhere on the path to being objective

Of course there are degrees.

HOLA4422

Everyone and I mean everyone is influenced some way or the other in fact I would go so far to say that only the person who knows that they can only be subjective is anywhere on the path to being objective

Of course there are degrees.

Of course we are all mugs! This mug here, buys what I want, and not what the other people want me to buy!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Watch QVC for a few hours and see how people are easily led into parting from money they either worked hard for or borrowed even harder for.....listen to the same words...'you are getting this' 'stylish' lines are busy'...

Never really watch them myself but you always hear stories about senior citizens frittering away their money on shopping channels because they are bored/lonely/both.

The thing is though if buying an imitation pearl necklace for £300 makes them feel happy and special because the salesman on TV tells them it does.. Who am I to argue?

No worse than splashing out on an expensive car, holiday, trendy hobby accessories or pet cat.

We might think it's a bit shallow.. but then we probably wouldn't be the target customers either :)

HOLA4425

Archived