House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Mrpin's New Car

I've bought a gold coloured 1993 Lexus LS, with 63000 miles on the clock, and two previous owners. The radio doesn't work and there are a couple of stone chips near the front!

Didn't know you were a mason Mr P?

I was wanting a BMW, but then nodody lets you out at junctions!

Does the radio not work because you don't have the code or does the radio not work because it is carked?

Open a separate bank account and put £50 a Month in. You will need it for long term repairs/services ect.

I was wanting a BMW, but then nodody lets you out at junctions!

We had a tank thread earlier on...surprised you weren't inspired to get one of those...

Does the radio not work because you don't have the code or does the radio not work because it is carked?

Open a separate bank account and put £50 a Month in. You will need it for long term repairs/services ect.

It's carked! I can source a working one off EBay etc, or get a replacement console that fits a DIN sized radio.Having had one of these models before, I can assure you they they don't go wrong that much! It's Toyota after all!

It's carked! I can source a working one off EBay etc, or get a replacement console that fits a DIN sized radio.Having had one of these models before, I can assure you they they don't go wrong that much! It's Toyota after all!

So it is sound then (or not as the case maybe) apart from the radio...... :)

So it is sound then (or not as the case maybe) apart from the radio...... :)

It is most excellent for a 21 year old. Although I find it a bit conspicuous, after the Cadillac. I will get the little niggles done. Can I say "niggles" or it it ricist? :blink:

Have you kept the Caddy though?

I'm afraid it has a leaking cylinder head gasket! Pity really, it has been fine for five years! It is apparently a common problem with that model. Sad really because the Bose sound system is awesome, unlike my new one, where the radio DOES NOT WORK! :unsure:

Hi had a '99 LS. Wonderful v8 engine. Loads of gadgets on it. Steering wheel raised when you turned the engine off, wing mirrors turned down towards the kerb when selecting reverse. Handled like a boat but it's a luxury car. £55k new, sold mine for 1600 2 years ago. Nothing wrong with it.

I'm afraid it has a leaking cylinder head gasket! Pity really, it has been fine for five years! It is apparently a common problem with that model. Sad really because the Bose sound system is awesome, unlike my new one, where the radio DOES NOT WORK! :unsure:

I installed a smashing sound system in my work van. Sadly it was only to make driving miles to jobs in a non-turbo indirect injection diesel laden down with tools a bit more fun.

I think EVERY gasket leaks too.

The Seville was a great left field choice although now slightly marred by Stuart Hall having been in the Owners Club.

I take it you're aware of the Autoshite forum?

Hi had a '99 LS. Wonderful v8 engine. Loads of gadgets on it. Steering wheel raised when you turned the engine off, wing mirrors turned down towards the kerb when selecting reverse. Handled like a boat but it's a luxury car. £55k new, sold mine for 1600 2 years ago. Nothing wrong with it.

Mine is even older than that! Doesn't "handle like a boat". It's not a sports car! Thought about a slightly newer one, but I don't need sat nav, and I am lost anyway

The Seville was a great left field choice although now slightly marred by Stuart Hall having been in the Owners Club.

I take it you're aware of the Autoshite forum?

No, but I have probably owned them all!

Nice choice, Mr. Pin. Bet the ladies will love the Lexus. ;) Hmmm...those leather seats.

I know of someone who bought a 1996 LS for £500 - 1% of the initial purchase price. B)

I installed a smashing sound system in my work van. Sadly it was only to make driving miles to jobs in a non-turbo indirect injection diesel laden down with tools a bit more fun.

I think EVERY gasket leaks too.

The garage put some "stuff" in the water, hoping to improve the situation! I am unconfident that it will go too far!

Nice choice, Mr. Pin. Bet the ladies will love the Lexus. ;) Hmmm...those leather seats.

I know of someone who bought a 1996 LS for £500 - 1% of the initial purchase price. B)

I don't know any ladies! I paid a little bit more than that from a car trader! Still I have to sort out the little n*ggers, and then it will be fine! I just hope it's not Rolf Harris's old car ! Can you tell what is is yet? :wacko:

Looks lovely and roomy in the back and large windows too, ideal for dogging.

Looks lovely and roomy in the back and large windows too, ideal for dogging.

Filth! :blink: Wash your brain out with bleach!