House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bemused

Meanwhile Back In The Real World

I have been away for a while visiting friends in London, Surrey and Bristol and have seen many more SOLD signs than on previous trips. I have also spoken to several friends who were struggling to sell for the last 8 months or so that have finally exchanged.

Other friends have bought or are planning on buying. OK this is all just an anecdotal; however I post it to even up the bias of all the other anecdotals that are lapped up on this forum.

Rates are unlikely to go up in the near future and without some major economic turbulence I can see no crash for the near future - I suspect the next "spring bounce" will be a damp squib with much more property on the market than buyers.

Without any external economic catalyst this market will limp on for at least another 6 months or so before there are any notable falls.

Mellow out, rent and enjoy yourselves.

Another POV - fair comment.

Rates are unlikely to go up in the near future and without some major economic turbulence I can see no crash for the near future - I suspect the next "spring bounce" will be a damp squib with much more property on the market than buyers.

I disagree. The rest of the World is going up and I cannot see how the UK, even trying to get Brown into No. 10, cannot see IRs rise in the New Year.

I have been away for a while visiting friends in London, Surrey and Bristol and have seen many more SOLD signs than on previous trips. I have also spoken to several friends who were struggling to sell for the last 8 months or so that have finally exchanged.

Other friends have bought or are planning on buying. OK this is all just an anecdotal; however I post it to even up the bias of all the other anecdotals that are lapped up on this forum.

Interested to know whether these several friends who were selling had to reduce their prices at all. And did you other friends buy at full asking price?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Without any external economic catalyst this market will limp on for at least another 6 months or so before there are any notable falls.

Who Knows ? <_<

Interested to know whether these several friends who were selling had to reduce their prices at all. And did you other friends buy at full asking price?

Suprisingly those selling (only 2 people so not a very good sample) did not drop by much 5% or so. However they were good family homes in catchment areas. Buyers (only 3) got £10K or so off but these were flats in the Clifton area of Bristol.

PS for the record I think anyone buying a flat in Clifton needs their head examined....

Another POV - fair comment.

I disagree. The rest of the World is going up and I cannot see how the UK, even trying to get Brown into No. 10, cannot see IRs rise in the New Year.

I hope your right - I could do with some better interest on my savings ...

Who Knows ? <_<

I don'k know?

Mellow out, rent and enjoy yourselves.

Fair comment bemused. I particularly agree with the last sentance. Im in no hurry for the market to collapse, im hoping for a slow death. I'll have finished my Msc and all my training exams in 3 yrs, and by then hopefully the Market will be a lot cheaper. That doesnt mean I wont be watching the twists and turns with interest.

Bob.