House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

John Lowe Is Typical Of Farmers I Know

I am from a rural background, The Puppy Farm killer is typical of farmers I know. The proverbial old farmer wielding a gun in Wycliffe I am afraid is fact not fiction. Police are naturally right wing and they turn a blind eye, I have even seen signs....''Trespassers will be shot''

I am aware of one farmer in particular who is mentally unstable and goes around threatening people and holds a shotgun licence. He is known to the police, they do nothing.

I think mental instability goes with the territory and Jonn Lowe is a typical old farmer not long for this world who has been wringing chickens necks and isn't afraid to take othesr with him to the next world.

I agree with Labour, guns banned , except in exceptional circumstances.

Meanwhile the Surrey police needs the book throwing at them...this is ten times worse than mistakes made in social services re. child abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2812464/Dog-breeder-82-guilty-murdering-partner-stepdaughter-farm-telling-police-down.html

Well indeed :D ..we seem to have exhaustive safety rules on just about everything in this country, with the exception of allowing Fred West types to hold shot guns in rural areas.

They're miserable gits alright. Seem to own lot of property, cash under the matress, pay no taxes, get subsidies, new range rover every other year...and still their suicide rate is far higher than the general population. Lost count of the times ive been followed and stopped by them walking on designated footpaths only to be lectured about how years ago a rambler left a gate open and a sheep escaped...thus it was probably me.

I guess we should differentiate between tenant farmers and the rest though. And in their defense their productivity is far higher than lazy french farmers.

I am from a rural background, The Puppy Farm killer is typical of farmers I know. The proverbial old farmer wielding a gun in Wycliffe I am afraid is fact not fiction. Police are naturally right wing and they turn a blind eye, I have even seen signs....''Trespassers will be shot''

I am aware of one farmer in particular who is mentally unstable and goes around threatening people and holds a shotgun licence. He is known to the police, they do nothing.

I think mental instability goes with the territory and Jonn Lowe is a typical old farmer not long for this world who has been wringing chickens necks and isn't afraid to take othesr with him to the next world.

Meanwhile the Surrey police needs the book throwing at them...this is ten times worse than mistakes made in social services re. child abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2812464/Dog-breeder-82-guilty-murdering-partner-stepdaughter-farm-telling-police-down.html

Not sure its the right wing thing though. Police dont tend to bother pikeys about planning infractions either...because they have guns as well.

You are wrong about guns

If we all had guns, the police would stop treating all of us, as dirt.

I think the number of shotguns in the UK is something like 2 million.

The fact that these shootings are so rare really only serves to prove how sensible/stable the vast majority of owners are.

I will go against the consensus and say that, IMO, shotgun holders generally pose a vanishingly small risk to the public and it is unhelpful to overreact to the odd incidence where something nasty does occur.

I wouldn't trust myself.

And I certainly wouldn't trust you.

Im not asking you to. I trust no one either, other than myself. But Its sad that you cant trust yourself. If that is really so, why take the risk. Why not kill yourself or pay someone to incarcerate you? The question is why should I be allowed ownership of a pillow I can smother you with, A car I can run you down in, or a bathtub I can drown you in.

Criminalizing people on the basis 'what if', youre going to find your rights eroded pretty damn quickly.

Im not asking you to. I trust no one either, other than myself. But Its sad that you cant trust yourself. If that is really so, why take the risk. Why not kill yourself or pay someone to incarcerate you? The question is why should I be allowed ownership of a pillow I can smother you with, A car I can run you down in, or a bathtub I can drown you in.

Criminalizing people on the basis 'what if', youre going to find your rights eroded pretty damn quickly.

If I was going to murder someone, I would get them with a car.

The farmer near here often has to shoot dogs that are off the lead and terrorising his sheep - what would you have him do? Strong words with the dog?

Send 8 black guys with pen knives after it.

I will go against the consensus and say that, IMO, shotgun holders generally pose a vanishingly small risk to the public and it is unhelpful to overreact to the odd incidence where something nasty does occur.

My sister and her hubby do clay shooting! I rather agree with you!

Priorites please.

The double murder took place on February 23 this year off a quiet country lane in prime stockbroker belt, where homes fetch £1million.

This type of farmer is a dying breed. The smaller holdings in shambolic condition with junk everywhere and questionable livestock management are becoming a thing of the past because the options to sell up and cash out are increasing. Windfarms, new roads, housing and large landowners borrowing at very low rates against their own land are offering high prices for agricultural land.

How did the victims end up looking after Lowe ?

Policing the stability of gun owners is tricky, especially those that require guns as a tool of their trade. Farmers and game keepers can lead isolated lives and when they have few people to talk to and are alone at work all day, it is easy to dwell on problems and let them grow out of all proportion in their minds. Firearms certificate referees may only see the applicant on good days and give a positive reference in all honesty. Being isolated in a rural location also means there are fewer people around to do something about it when someone becomes a danger.

Foxes,Rabbits, Crows etc.

I have seen the result of newly born lambs getting their eyes picked out by crows and their heads bitten off by foxes.

Crows will also go for the ewe's eyes when they are lying down, giving birth. Rabbits do get out of hand (and eat grass) and shooting is better than some other methods of control. What I cannot understand is killing the wildlife just for fun.

I was about to rush to agreement but IME farmers fall into either grade A pillars of the community or grade A scum.

I guess it is the lack of having to get on with other people if they don't want to (unlike those of us who have to do so in work) that means their natural characters come out pretty much unmodified.