House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How Many Shots Do You Need To Fire To Kill A Mentally Ill Man?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/footage-shows-homeless-black-man-milton-hall-being-shot-at-46-times-by-police-in-the-us-9826453.html

Graphic footage has emerged showing a homeless man being shot and killed by police in the US who fired a barrage of 46 bullets as he held a penknife.

Milton Hall, who was mentally ill, was surrounded by eight officers training their guns in a shopping centre car park in Saginaw, Michigan, in July 2012.

The 49-year-old had been arguing with police after an alleged altercation with a shop assistant for several minutes and the video shows him refusing an officer’s demand to put down the knife.

After a tense stand-off, he appeared to step forward and police opened fire. The footage, taken by a bystander, shows Mr Hall fall down almost immediately and lie unmoving on the ground.

He had been shot 14 times.

So they missed with 32 times!!!

hell, he looked really good for a man born in 1963.

The number of shots?...my guess...FAT FINGER...

That was an execution by the way...murder by Government.

Bonkers.

I never get people who say 'we need more bobbies on the beat'

Have they ever met a police officer...granted they dont seem quite as dense as the average US cop, but theyre not exactly the brains of Britain. We need less police, not more of the buggers.

Bonkers.

I never get people who say 'we need more bobbies on the beat'

Have they ever met a police officer...granted they dont seem quite as dense as the average US cop, but theyre not exactly the brains of Britain. We need less police, not more of the buggers.

In some parts of the world 'bobbies on the beat' is used as a job creation scheme for the kind of thugs you'd expect to be protected from. Instead they give them a uniform.

In answer to the thread title, it's difficult to say. The mentally I'll are well known for having strength/resistance to killing exceeding that of your average joe (see the 2 mental blondes on police, camera, action) for an example.

46 bullets might not have been sufficient in some cases.

In answer to the thread title, it's difficult to say. The mentally I'll are well known for having strength/resistance to killing exceeding that of your average joe (see the 2 mental blondes on police, camera, action) for an example.

46 bullets might not have been sufficient in some cases.

They could have subdued him with a jacket, a blanket anything to hinder his movement.

Instead, they threatened him with the sharp teeth of an attack dog, presented a large aggresive stance, and then shot for no reason that I could see.

God help any passing motorists, kids, whatever...

I do not want to live in the States. There is an attitude of shoot first and ask questions later. People are in fear of being shot by a bad guy, and especially the police so they will often shoot first and remove their fear that way. Human nature at its worst, and this nature is so much worse there, because of the right to bear arms.

Yes I know he was carrying a pen knife but the gun culture is what creates these scenarios.

Pretty shocking - just set the dog on him - its their job ffs !!

Handcuffing him after that !?

14 shots out of 46 !! No wonder so many bystanders end up injured in these situations. That's ******ing horrendous shooting.

Shocking. What's the point of the dog? This looks like a case of one fires, then all fire. Nobody knows who fired the lethal shot(s). I'm sure a few of them aimed to miss.

Q. How Many Shots Do You Need To Fire To Kill A Mentally Ill Man?

A. None. There was no need to kill him.

Hypothetically though... Like how many 10 year old kids do you think you could beat up if they all rushed you at once. Probably less than you think.

Hypothetically though... Like how many 10 year old kids do you think you could beat up if they all rushed you at once. Probably less than you think.

I don't know, but it sounds like a fun experiment.

Its weird that this seems to have been brushed under the carpet for 2 years.

The trayvon martin case was a joke. The ferguson one possibly more interesting, but no decent video, so we'll never know, but here we have video showing completely out of control police. Where are Al sharpton and friends? They managed to get the media to pay attention on the other two cases.

Is it because the deceased isn't young and photogenic?

Why on earth they did not use the dog? Isn't that what the dog is for?

Poor man.

Or distract him while one officer sneaks up from behind to snatch his knife?

Plenty of non lethal things they could have done. I guess life is cheap to police.

Sounds like suicide.. or very severe mental illness.

Who, when surrounded by (10?) armed police all pointing their guns at you, decides to lunge towards them waving a pen knife?

Sounds like a danger to himself and the public.. it was probably only ever going to be death or locked up for life in a mental asylum.

Maybe he knew that..

Only missing 32 times with 46 shots makes them serious marksmen by US police standards. The surprising thing is that they didn't hit any bystanders, or each other.

Not quite the same scenario but based on personal experience being mobbed by a bunch of pickpockets once, you start feeling guilty and holding back after about the third.

I do not want to live in the States. There is an attitude of shoot first and ask questions later. People are in fear of being shot by a bad guy, and especially the police so they will often shoot first and remove their fear that way. Human nature at its worst, and this nature is so much worse there, because of the right to bear arms.

Yes I know he was carrying a pen knife but the gun culture is what creates these scenarios.

yeah, but this guy was guilty of being black in a public place.

They say he had an altercation in a store before...what happened there?...maybe he slashed 10 people with his penknife? maybe they were all lying around Tarantino style in all forms of deadness?

yeah, but this guy was guilty of being black in a public place.

They say he had an altercation in a store before...what happened there?...maybe he slashed 10 people with his penknife? maybe they were all lying around Tarantino style in all forms of deadness?

I assume they would have mentioned it in the aeticle if he had gone on a killing spree earlier. Otherwise is shockingly lazy reporting....

Shocking. What's the point of the dog? This looks like a case of one fires, then all fire. Nobody knows who fired the lethal shot(s). I'm sure a few of them aimed to miss.

The dog was there in case they ran out of bullets.

In retrospect a wise precaution.

I assume they would have mentioned it in the aeticle if he had gone on a killing spree earlier. Otherwise is shockingly lazy reporting....

not defending the police *****ers in the least bit, but reporters often leave out bits to make a real story even realer.