House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Reports Biggest Monthly House Price Fall In A Year

Driver

HOLA441
HOLA442

This isn't meant to be happening yet.

Although that along with the markets wobbling could force the government into throwing out more money, reiterating low interest rates for the short term or even lowering them or coming up with some other magical scheme.

Maybe it's just what Osborne needs to start stoking the fire again.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I agree....I think that Osborne thought he'd done enough to keep the HPI driven "boom" going until the election. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to throw some more petrol on the fire to keep it going a bit longer.

Letting them drop a bit might ease the rush to UKIP though, as many blame immigrants for themselves being priced out or not getting social housing?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

My gut feel is that many UKIP voters love HPI. Also the economic "feel good" factor that HPI gives homeowners will be a powerful reason for them to stay with the current government.....not many ruling parties are turfed out of power if people think that the economy is doing well under their watch.

Yes clearly it was those wretched UKIP voters constantly voting for the bubble during the Blair/Brown bubble years.

Canadians must be the most bland, PC drones on the planet.

HOLA448

I would merely observe that the demographic of UKIP voters (per the mainstream media) indicate that many of them are likely to have benefited from HPI. I don't blame anyone for being in favour of a state of affairs which gives them free money - you were the one that described UKIP voters as "wretched" - not me.

As for your comments re Canadians have you ever visited the country and/or met a representative sample of my countrymen?

HOLA449

My gut feel is that many UKIP voters love HPI. Also the economic "feel good" factor that HPI gives homeowners will be a powerful reason for them to stay with the current government.....not many ruling parties are turfed out of power if people think that the economy is doing well under their watch.

So they must believe that the supply of credit is more powerful in determining house prices than the supply of immigrants, and are hoping that the credit taps will be turned back on in a Britain resembling an Elstree studios production from the 1950`s?

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4410

I'm not sure how many people outside this forum think particularly deeply about HPI, its causes and consequences. For most people I suspect that the equation runs as follows

my house is worth more=>i'm richer=>.the economy is doing OK for me=.>I'd like it to carry on like this

I'm not suggesting that this is how the should be thinking, but I suspect it's how they are.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I'm not sure how many people outside this forum think particularly deeply about HPI, its causes and consequences. For most people I suspect that the equation runs as follows

Are you seriously saying you think most people who are priced out the property market and have an uphill struggle everyday to pay someone elses mortgage and worry about their family getting moved at the end of the 12 month tenancy dont think too deeply about the property bubble?

I sometimes shake my head at the arrogance of folk on here who think they are one of the chosen few who know the difference.

Funny how in 2000 non HPC friends of mine used to complain about the price of property being too high, and i doubt these people have 2 GCSEs between them.

HOLA4414

The discussion related to UKIP supporters, or perhaps more generally to those in the older demographics who have benefitted from HPI. If you now want to change the debate into analysing how people who are getting the rough end of the HPI stick think about it that's fine, but you're traducing the nature of my post to score a cheap point.

I don't think its in any way arrogant to suggest that people who take a sufficient interest in a topic to debate it on a message board might, in general, spend more time thinking about these issues than those who don't. It would seem to me just to be a logical inference. I did not imply that everyone who does not participate in this forum is ignorant of the issues discussed here.

HOLA4415

I just watched Samantha Posh on Sky "Business" News interviewing Naomi Posh from Sloane, Posh, Kensington, and Daddy.

They both agreed its being "talked down". "Yah yah .... yah"

It's amazing that my kitchen TV is still on the wall...I'm afraid i didn't make it to the end of the piece.

But the concerned and furrowed brows will warm me through the winter.

I am not mellowing with age.

******ing bastards let loose on my TV with their VI filth.

HOLA4416

my house is worth more=>i'm richer=>.the economy is doing OK for me=.>I'd like it to carry on like this

I'm not suggesting that this is how the should be thinking, but I suspect it's how they are.

I suspect it is more along the lines of - My job is no longer safe, I wish I hadn`t borrowed so much to buy property.

HOLA4417

The discussion related to UKIP supporters, or perhaps more generally to those in the older demographics who have benefitted from HPI. If you now want to change the debate into analysing how people who are getting the rough end of the HPI stick think about it that's fine, but you're traducing the nature of my post to score a cheap point.

I don't think its in any way arrogant to suggest that people who take a sufficient interest in a topic to debate it on a message board might, in general, spend more time thinking about these issues than those who don't. It would seem to me just to be a logical inference. I did not imply that everyone who does not participate in this forum is ignorant of the issues discussed here.

You are like Camoron and Millipede when you talk about UKIP supporters as if they are a single entity with one thought between them and that thought is obviously a destructive one, by infering theyd obviously like prices to rise forever, which is really a staggering and ridiculous claim to make.

And just because people dont log onto this forum doesnt mean they havent the gumption to be p755ed right off about being priced out for the last however many years and know the quite obvious causes it will lead to.

But one thing those who dont come on here and those who do have in common is they can do fck all about it, other then not voting for the LIBLABCON.

Edited by Corruption

HOLA4418

Iirc there have been a fair few polls done on the subject - and its generally ~50/50 in terms of hpi being bad or good.

So what we get on TV really is not a very fair and representative airing of the general populations views on the matter.

HOLA4419

Iirc there have been a fair few polls done on the subject - and its generally ~50/50 in terms of hpi being bad or good.

So what we get on TV really is not a very fair and representative airing of the general populations views on the matter.

Yes but most people i know are early 40s and under, and the ones who are priced out know exactly how it is, itd be closer to 100/0 if you asked them whether HPI was a bad or good thing.

Edited by Corruption

HOLA4420

Yes but most people i know are early 40s and under, and the ones who are priced out know exactly how it is, itd be closer to 100/0 if you asked them whether HPI was a bad or good thing.

Not quite that much - many are still sadly brainwashed.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Nobody i know is brainwashed to think its good to be priced out.and the plebs are not as brainwashed as the scum who are forcing this on us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/bank-of-england/11193978/Keep-interest-rates-low-for-longer-says-Bank-deputy.html

Lots still think as long as they can 'get their foot on the ladder' - prices shooting up is great for them.

Not all of course - bit a fair whack.

You also have to remember that many under 40 are also 'homeowners'.

HOLA4423

Lots still think as long as they can 'get their foot on the ladder' - prices shooting up is great for them.

Not all of course - bit a fair whack.

You also have to remember that many under 40 are also 'homeowners'.

I was referring to non homeowners which make up the majority of under 40s.