House Price Crash Forum

Old Nimbys In South Liverpool

Si1

HOLA441

St Julies girls high school (catholic state church school with good rep) in woolton had ageing buildings. Planning to build new ones on council park land adjacent (which has police controls in place incidentally due to anti social youths behaviour there) and demolish the old buildings. It is a tiny percentage of the overall park and as i said the most unkempt and socially compromised bit. The old building's land will be redeveloped as residential private housing in a desirable area.

But the NIMBYs are up in arms and say the school should stick with the old buildings (despite being unsuitable for purpose for future education needs). It was only in the 1970s when half the houses in the area were built on the first place, but those very buyers from that time are now opposing and new improvements. And here is a cash flow positive move to improve things for the young which they are up in arms about.

Edited by Si1

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

St Julies girls high school (catholic state church school with good rep) in woolton had ageing buildings. Planning to build new ones on council park land adjacent (which has police controls in place incidentally due to anti social youths behaviour there) and demolish the old buildings.

Have council land. Abandon it, do nothing about crime. Let value wither away to nothing. Then an offer comes in to redevelop whole area with shiny new buildings. Various rich people are about to become a whole lot richer.

Have Liverpool council obtained permission to use the plot from Robocop?

Edited by DeepLurker

HOLA447

Have council land. Abandon it, do nothing about crime. Let value wither away to nothing. Then an offer comes in to redevelop whole area with shiny new buildings. Various rich people are about to become a whole lot richer.

Have Liverpool council obtained permission to use the plot from Robocop?

That bit of park has been an afterthought for at least 30 years, pretty much somewhere for dogs to go and poo, and a shortcut to get to other parts of the park (gotta watch out for the dog poo tho). Never been much of an amenity really.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA448

St Julies girls high school (catholic state church school with good rep) in woolton had ageing buildings. [..]But the NIMBYs are up in arms and say the school should stick with the old buildings (despite being unsuitable for purpose for future education needs).

Woolton at least falls into the area where you're 'Sound' and not actually a Wool.

The Nimbys definitely not sound though.

Sorry; just this map always makes me smile. Although I have forgotten what Plazzy means.

13znx3m.jpg

(Chester and places put into Wales territory as a windup on the 'mappers' pals who live there.).

Wool - Used by people from Liverpool to describe people from outside the city, though specifically those from areas in close proximity such as the Wirral, St. Helens and parts of Cheshire and Lancashire. People from these areas with similar accents may pretend or act as if they are true Liverpudlians/Scousers.

Edited by Venger

HOLA449

Plazzy = Wannabe Scouser, usually from the Wirral. Wirralites will often attempt to stress their "Scouse" twang but the way they pronounce the letter "O" in sentences is a dead giveaway, (ALL Wirralites say "Oh" with a slightly feminine drawl). The scenario is even funnier if the Wirralite(s) in question support Liverpool or Everton and are thus decked out head to toe in Red or Blue, hence making them feel even more like a legit "Kidder", again spoiled by their "O" pronunciation.

A lot of Wirralites seem to follow Tranmere or Manchester United, (why?).

It's also funny to hear a supposed "Scally" Wirralite from one of the "Rougher" areas of Wirral, such as parts of Birkenhead. Again, it's difficult to take these scenarios seriously if the letter "O" is uttered during a confontation.

Succinctly put: Wirralites want to be Scousers because they think it makes them seem "Harder" or "Cooler" but they're nothing but cossetted, retro trainer-wearing Wools. They don't have the wit, the style or the coolness to pull it off, but it's hilarious watching them try.

HOLA4410

Plazzy = Wannabe Scouser, usually from the Wirral. Wirralites will often attempt to stress their "Scouse" twang but the way they pronounce the letter "O" in sentences is a dead giveaway, (ALL Wirralites say "Oh" with a slightly feminine drawl). The scenario is even funnier if the Wirralite(s) in question support Liverpool or Everton and are thus decked out head to toe in Red or Blue, hence making them feel even more like a legit "Kidder", again spoiled by their "O" pronunciation.

It's also funny to hear a supposed "Scally" Wirralite from one of the "Rougher" areas of Wirral, such as parts of Birkenhead. Again, it's difficult to take these scenarios seriously if the letter "O" is uttered during a confontation.

Succinctly put: Wirralites want to be Scousers because they think it makes them seem "Harder" or "Cooler" but they're nothing but cossetted, retro trainer-wearing Wools. They don't have the wit, the style or the coolness to pull it off, but it's hilarious watching them try.

Ah yes - thanks for the explanation. Now I recall your plazzy explanation being very similar reading when looking in on a Liverpool FC and/or Everton football forums - where the map was from - all with tones of good banter as above (and some highly quick witted people on those forums - hilarious) - although I wouldn't be able to differentiate accents.

HOLA4411
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4412

I've seen so many scousers get their heads kicked in when they come to the Wirral.

HOLA4413

I've seen so many scousers get their heads kicked in when they come to the Wirral.

Let me guess, you're from the Wirral?

Well I'm pretty sure that the one constant in those scenarios is that the victim is outnumbered. As with all cowards, whether they be from Wirral or Liverpool or anywhere else, they tend to pick on the weak or vulnerable...usually by outnumbering them.

You're either 5-0, a Voyer, indifferent or one of those aforementioned cowards.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Let me guess, you're from the Wirral?

Well I'm pretty sure that the one constant in those scenarios is that the victim is outnumbered. As with all cowards, whether they be from Wirral or Liverpool or anywhere else, they tend to pick on the weak or vulnerable...usually by outnumbering them.

You're either 5-0, a Voyer, indifferent or one of those aforementioned cowards.

Nope. One example I remember is when a couple of lads from Liverpool came out of the station mouthing off thinking that we'd be all scared or something. One of our guys floored them all. I remember their bloodied, almost in tears faces protesting as if some hardness recognition was due or some rules had been broken because they were from Liverpool. I think they went back on the next train.

HOLA4416

Nope. One example I remember is when a couple of lads from Liverpool came out of the station mouthing off thinking that we'd be all scared or something. One of our guys floored them all. I remember their bloodied, almost in tears faces protesting as if some hardness recognition was due or some rules had been broken because they were from Liverpool. I think they went back on the next train.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: