House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elad

Bbc News - Inheritance Tax Woes....

Early on Sat morning BBC News ran a piece about Inheritance tax and how people want to pass on their 'hard earned cash' to the next generation without paying the tax, as it should be for large estates.

So they visited an old couple who were complaining that their estate would now be above the threshold, they had worked all their life, paid off their mortgage, etc so wanted to pass it all on.

Then they referenced how the estate was over the threshold, it was their house price that had pushed them from 325k to 600k (I think they lived in wimbeldon or something) that wound me up no end.....All they did then was repeat over and over that these guys should not have to pay tax on their 'hard earned cash' !!!!!!!!!!

nearly threw my cornflakes at the TV...

Anyone else see it?

Inflation has pushed their 'hard earned' £325K to £600K, over that time period the value of that £ has been shrunk by the money men, They would be better off if the house was still worth £325K and the shopping bill was 20% of what it is now, and electricity/gas bills were a third of what they are now, and petrol was 40p per litre (or so cheap you could price it in gallons again).

It's not their fault the house has doubled, it is government policies that have done it (directly or otherwise).

Of course governments have engineered this, because they are the ones that benefit the most from forever high flying prices, money created from not working hard.....ordinary hard working people are the ones that suffer the most from their work hard on it policies. ;)

Yep agreed there, totally engineered by the powers to give people the 'wealth' of HPI.. now the tide is turning when they see that the government wants a slice back...

The only reason they want all to realize the full amount is that they probably have to be a BOMAD to their kids paying the high prices for their flats....it should become fairly clear to most people that this market is rigged against them even if they are 'winning'

Inflation has pushed their 'hard earned' £325K to £600K, over that time period the value of that £ has been shrunk by the money men, They would be better off if the house was still worth £325K and the shopping bill was 20% of what it is now, and electricity/gas bills were a third of what they are now, and petrol was 40p per litre (or so cheap you could price it in gallons again).

It's not their fault the house has doubled, it is government policies that have done it (directly or otherwise).

+1

When I said the similar to the above the other day, my bank manager looked at me as if I was imbecil.In his opinion high house prices are great and we all will be richer this time next year. Yes, Del Boy. Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 people are sheeple like him.