House Price Crash Forum

The New Definition Of Middle Class

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I confess to having the Suffolk wine cooler (which I don't use) but only got it as an attempt at social mobility.

Is that not the scheme where the government buy fat people ride on electric scooters, so they can get to the Bingo?

HOLA445

http://www.buzzfeed.com/floperry/quinoa-sourdough?bftw&utm_term=4ldqpgm&s=mobile#4ldqpgm

To be honest, this is more the pretentious class than true middle class as I used to understand them. All kinds of very superficial social climbers.

Funny tho

....Over the last 20 or so odd years I saw the places I was born and brought up in turn into people and places like that...full of pretentious people and people trying to sell pretentious goods to people like that....was relieved to escape that unnatural and unreal world...phew:-)

HOLA446
HOLA447

....Over the last 20 or so odd years I saw the places I was born and brought up in turn into people and places like that...full of pretentious people and people trying to sell pretentious goods to people like that....was relieved to escape that unnatural and unreal world...phew:-)

Same round here ...

a-ferret-training-harness.jpg

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Just spent a day at my sis in laws boyfriend parents. Work in some kind of middle management consulting pm role. Boomers, nice house. Lovely to get on with tbh, certainly down to earth in the little time I chatted to them.

However, overpriced ostentation. Internal wall mounted sonos loudspeakers, shows some taste, but the location is with all hard surfaces which seriously compromises the sound quality. Heat the house with an aga which they claim is more economical than central heating (which is inefficient because it switches off and on all the time apparently). And when the Aga's off during summer they cook on a gas barbecue every evening off a gas bottle. It's just ostentation and waste for the sake of it. Blew my mind. Having said that I repeat that before I found them very very reasonable likeable people and still do.

And half the houses decoration still hasn't been finished despite being in it for 10 years

2013 plate exec Volvo on the driveway, several apple macs

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Archived