House Price Crash Forum

Caroline Lucas - Property Tycoon Or One Of The Good Guys?

HOLA441

I have always found Caroline Lucas to be conviction politician and I hope I don't need to add her to my leeching politician list.

A question was raised that she and her husband owned multiple properties.So I checked Caroline's Members of interest page and asked the question directly to Caroline Lucas.

Lastly I tweeted Cllr Kitcat ( Brighton Green party leader)....awaiting to see if he replies.

Before I put this to to bed (thankfully,no evidence) any Brighton HPCers, green party members or any evidence contradicting Caroline Lucas tweet please?

257a6512b9e970002456b1d4a122786e_bigger.

Captain Swing.

Caroline Lucas and her husband own 5 properties-obviously being green is only for the little people.
evil_teddy_bear_bigger.jpg
@captswing: Caroline Lucas and her husband own 5 properties." <- If true? Why is @CarolineLucas hoard such a vital limited resource? #shelter
@Timebandit_ @CarolineLucas Well it is true-just do a bit of research if you don't believe she is such a hypocritical bitch

Timebandit

@CarolineLucas

Do you or husband have any financial interest in other properties? If so,how many & do your tenants receive housing benefits?

twitterProfilePhoto_bigger.jpg
@Timebandit_ Absolutely none! No idea where that idea came from
Captain Swing Timebandit_ Cllr Kitcat has confirmed that Lucas and her husband Richard Savage own five properties, two of which are in Brussels -Argus

HOLA442
HOLA443

Last i heard was the greens made a pigs ear of some binmen striking in Brighton and its 99.9% certain she'll lose her seat to labour in 2015.

The greens are making a pigs ear of everything in Brighton!

Most of the cities roads are continually dug up for "improvements" I.e. bus and cycle lanes. The latest one about to start will involve the felling of 16 Elm trees in Victoria gardens. Getting around now takes twice as long, I've given up shopping in town now.

Not had our rubbish collected for over a week now either.

I heard stories about her ownership of multiple houses. And stories about her nose firmly in the EU expense account trough when she was a MEP. Certainly not one of the good guys...

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Update. So no evidence only internet rumours? Also a plus when Legislators engage on social media.

jkitcat_small_bigger.jpgJason Kitcat

@captswing @Timebandit_ that is completely false on all counts. I have never said any such thing. @CarolineLucas only has her Brighton home.

@captswing @Timebandit_ This is complete rubbish - really wish you'd stop repeating it, because it's absolutely untrue! @jasonkitcat

evil_teddy_bear_bigger.jpgTimebandit

@jasonkitcat @CarolineLucas Thank you for putting the record straight. I can't support Legislators hoarding vital resources 1/2 @captswing

Timebandit

@jasonkitcat @CarolineLucas You're the ONLY national party going in the right direction with your fiscal/housing manifesto. @captswing

HOLA447
HOLA448

Caroline Lucas is denying this, yet look at some of the comments here, despite no evidence have been presented these people have already decided her guilt.

As for Captain Swing, looks like a CyberKipper, my evidence - "his" tweets. I wonder how concerned he was about the UKIP housing spokesman?

HOLA449

Caroline Lucas is denying this, yet look at some of the comments here, despite no evidence have been presented these people have already decided her guilt.

As for Captain Swing, looks like a CyberKipper, my evidence - "his" tweets. I wonder how concerned he was about the UKIP housing spokesman?

In terms of his own morality...probably true. But its the double standards that grate...maybe not greens, but no shortage of them in the labour party.

HOLA4410

The greens are making a pigs ear of everything in Brighton!

Most of the cities roads are continually dug up for "improvements" I.e. bus and cycle lanes. The latest one about to start will involve the felling of 16 Elm trees in Victoria gardens. Getting around now takes twice as long, I've given up shopping in town now.

Not had our rubbish collected for over a week now either.

I heard stories about her ownership of multiple houses. And stories about her nose firmly in the EU expense account trough when she was a MEP. Certainly not one of the good guys...

Rubbish collection has ALWAYS been rubbish in Brighton. Quite why everything is the Green's fault that also happened under Labour and the Tories is a bit of a mystery. Unless people have the collective memory of goldfish.

HOLA4411

I'm not a fan of Lucas. She did have a nice townhouse in Brussels. She now lives in Brighton (rented house?). Everything else seems down to a single person's posting with zero evidence.

FYI I checked for her husband Richard Savage at Companies House. There is a Richard Savage listed as running a European based co in Brussels as well as many UK directors but nothing linking them to Lucas' husband or to property firms. He is an English Teacher (teacher - btler, well not a smoking gun). The allegation is they have properties in Brighton, Brussels, Weybridge and Oxford.

anyway.... http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/dec/15/greens-blown-it-in-brighton

Edited by davidg

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

That's the plan for large parts of Wales too. We're apparently moving to a 3 week bin collection, although recycling will be collected weekly.

I really don't know why that would be a problem. We get our recycling and food waste collected weekly. Eco waste (green garden waste, shredded paper) is every fortnight or month, depending on season. Other rubbish is once a fortnight - we usually have one not-very-full bag out.

HOLA4415

From Wikipedia...

She then went to the University of Exeter, where she gained a first-class BA (Hons) in English Literature, which she completed in 1983.

Good scientific grounding in greenery then.

While there, she went on many trips to Greenham Common Women's Peace Camp and Molesworth peace camp when involved with the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND).

Oh dear.

After joining the Green Party in 1986 (later the Green Party of England and Wales), Lucas had periods as the party's National Press Officer (1987–89),

So never had a real job.

In July 2010, Lucas expressed her support for seven campaigners of the Smash EDO campaign who had caused approximately £180,000 damage to an EDO MGM arms factory and were acquitted of conspiring to cause criminal damage. The jury accepted their defence of lawful excuse – action undertaken to prevent a much worse crime – because the company manufactured and sold certain components used by the Israeli military, notably in its assault on Gaza. Lucas stated that: "I am absolutely delighted the jury has recognised that the actions of the decommissioners were a legitimate response to the atrocities being committed in Gaza. I do not advocate non-violent direct action lightly ... [but] their actions were driven by the responsibility to prevent further suffering in Gaza."

A firm believer in property rights.

Lucas opposes Page 3 girls featured in The Sun newspaper and in 2013 transgressed the Westminster dress code by wearing a T-shirt with the logo "No More Page Three" to protest against it during a Commons debate.

And personal liberties, too.

On 19 August 2013, Lucas was arrested at a nonviolent protest against Cuadrilla Resources fracking operations in Sussex.

Well, I guess it's why you vote Green so can hardly blame her for that, but not something I personally agree with. I rather like having access to oil myself.

As well as her party political activities, Lucas has worked with developmental NGO Oxfam as Press Officer (1989–91)

Oxfam, about as corrupt and politicised a charity as you're likely to find.

I notice her support of homeopathy on the NHS has been removed from the wiki, but that's another reason not to vote for her!

Typical pol, never had a real job, doesn't seem to have had much grounding in reality, just an ideologue who has a penchant for telling other people what to do.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I really don't know why that would be a problem. We get our recycling and food waste collected weekly. Eco waste (green garden waste, shredded paper) is every fortnight or month, depending on season. Other rubbish is once a fortnight - we usually have one not-very-full bag out.

Agreed. I can't see it being a problem unless you have loads of soiled disposable nappies (which I don't) or around peak times e.g. Christmas.