House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Labour Under Pressure To Extend Buy To Let Ban To All Homes

They got it the wrong way round. It should ONLY be allowed on new homes, so there is extra demand to improve supply.

The Aussies do it (for foreign investors) this way...it makes logical sense.

Why do Labour always **** things up? Even when they have a half way decent idea?!

buy using your own cash to let to people who prefer renting, and behaving like a professional and responsible landlord = fine

bid up the price of homes by using a combination of tax breaks & bank credit, while acting like Peter Rachman = not ******ing fine.

buy using your own cash to let to people who prefer renting, and behaving like a professional and responsible landlord = fine

bid up the price of homes by using a combination of tax breaks & bank credit, while acting like Peter Rachman = not ******ing fine.

And why are only the Labour Party under pressure for this move.

Yeah, if you can't put 50% down cash you shouldn't be able to get a BTL mortgage. That would be an immediate and not totally drastic change.

So labour created the biggest house price boom in history and are now contriving to make the biggest crash. Jeezus.

Btl'ers can buy as many new builds as they like.

Drove around a couple of small new build developments earlier today. Horrific. Tiny gardens, 3/4bed houses with parking for one car. Narrow roads.

I couldn't get out of there quick enough.

Drove around a couple of small new build developments earlier today. Horrific. Tiny gardens, 3/4bed houses with parking for one car. Narrow roads.

This is how the government want you to live as they are the ones who write the planning law, dictate housing density and prohibit people building on greenfield sites.

I went round one of these new 'urban' high density estates the other day, it was a surreal experience - I was gobsmacked.

I literally felt like a giant, as everything was 3/4 size, it was like some disneyfied 'medievial town' - really strange. The pokey little houses were mostly 3 story 'townhouse' style set along tiny pointlessly twisty little roads. Everywhere you were literally dozens of windows stared down at you - one of the problems with these artificially twisty estates i find. There wasn't a single shop or any businesses so far as I could see, and absolutely nobody around. It reminded me of those themed estates in China where rich people buy houses that they never live in, in what they imagine a medievil English town might be like based on a few old low budget films, wierd.

I can't believe anyone would buy one, but plenty appeared to be sold, depressingly. There's loads and loads of these poxy big builder little shoebox houses being crammed onto tiny plots round here at the moment though - surely the supply of mugs MUST run dry eventually mustn't it??

They got it the wrong way round. It should ONLY be allowed on new homes, so there is extra demand to improve supply.

The Aussies do it (for foreign investors) this way...it makes logical sense.

Why do Labour always **** things up? Even when they have a half way decent idea?!

Problem there is that Landlords would require all the new builds to be shoe boxes with beds above dinning tables.

Outbidding people who want homes, so you can ransom it back to them, is never fine.

Threatening families with eviction, for money, is never fine.

Extortion is never fine.

It doesn't matter where you got the money.