House Price Crash Forum
Bear Goggles

Now Is The Right Time To Buy That Home

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11173422/House-prices-Now-is-the-right-time-to-buy-that-home.html

Good bit of ramping by the Telegraph. Let's get the property market rising again before the next election.

Of course, it's beyond anyone in the establishment to examine whether an economy where there's a "right" and "wrong" time to buy a home is in fact completely dysfunctional, and whether reducing a basic need - adequate shelter - to an act of financial speculation is a fundamental failure of the economy work for those who create value within it.

It even suggests you move to Hove (which I'm sure is lovely) not because you might want to live there, but purely because it is somewhere you can buy a modest family home in the South East for the bargain price of £500k.

But don't think about it too hard. Just get that 5x mortgage, now, before you miss the boat.

"However, the price of property coming to the market in the UK only edged up by 2.6pc or £6,784 in October" (I guess she means September, not October, unless it was written by Mystic Meg)

What a muppet reporter. How much did wages increase in September?.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11173422/House-prices-Now-is-the-right-time-to-buy-that-home.html

Good bit of ramping by the Telegraph. Let's get the property market rising again before the next election.

Of course, it's beyond anyone in the establishment to examine whether an economy where there's a "right" and "wrong" time to buy a home is in fact completely dysfunctional, and whether reducing a basic need - adequate shelter - to an act of financial speculation is a fundamental failure of the economy work for those who create value within it.

It even suggests you move to Hove (which I'm sure is lovely) not because you might want to live there, but purely because it is somewhere you can buy a modest family home in the South East for the bargain price of £500k.

But don't think about it too hard. Just get that 5x mortgage, now, before you miss the boat.

What, with asking prices at an all time high.

Not sure I follow their logic bulls**t .

It is only the buyers that fuel the debt induced party, along with free and easy cheap credit......this has little to do with buying anything, this is more to do with pumping the system with liquidity...drunk on free booze.....suffer the hangover another day. ;)

Edited by winkie

"However, the price of property coming to the market in the UK only edged up by 2.6pc or £6,784 in October" (I guess she means September, not October, unless it was written by Mystic Meg)

What a muppet reporter. How much did wages increase in September?.....

Wages dont need to rise if they can continue to lower the cost of borrowing.

Thats the Keynesian/MMT way forward.

When interest tends to zero, we have the upper limit of lending...unless they waive repayment as the money is valueless anyway.

Wages dont need to rise if they can continue to lower the cost of borrowing.

Thats the Keynesian/MMT way forward.

When interest tends to zero, we have the upper limit of lending...unless they waive repayment as the money is valueless anyway.

That's just devaluing people savings/incomes relaitve to property.

At that point one might as well leave the country.

Ms White seems to have assumed the role of the Telegraph's "Ramper Prime" for the timebeing. It used to be a BTLer called Myra Butterworth a few years ago.

She looks pretty young. I can't quite imagine that a lowly Telegraph property churnalist could possibly earn enough to buy a starter shoebox in the South East, even on a 10x mortgage at 0.99%.

I'm assuming that she's either writing from her trendy bolt-hole in the up and coming slums of Ho Chi Minh City, or Mummy and daddy have made an investment in the London property market on her behalf, or perhaps she is has lost the will to live and is mindlessly churning out the press releases of her feudal overlords in the vain attempt to appease them, lest they cast her aside and auction her internship off to the next highest bidder.

Could be any of those tbh.

She looks pretty young. I can't quite imagine that a lowly Telegraph property churnalist could possibly earn enough to buy a starter shoebox in the South East, even on a 10x mortgage at 0.99%.

I'm assuming that she's either writing from her trendy bolt-hole in the up and coming slums of Ho Chi Minh City, or Mummy and daddy have made an investment in the London property market on her behalf, or perhaps she is has lost the will to live and is mindlessly churning out the press releases of her feudal overlords in the vain attempt to appease them, lest they cast her aside and auction her internship off to the next highest bidder.

Could be any of those tbh.

Her twitter shows a very young picture, https://twitter.com/katedpalmer

I quite enjoyed her article of mum at home day traders losing £250k then making it back again http://t.co/sY8vAm8O1o

Makes it sound like anyone with a Debit card and laptop can do it!

Ms White seems to have assumed the role of the Telegraph's "Ramper Prime" for the timebeing. It used to be a BTLer called Myra Butterworth a few years ago.

I bet if you dig into here recent history she would have taken a huge leveraged position on London Property:

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/anna-white/16/466/34

https://twitter.com/Twinwag

From the author of:

You'd be crazy to buy a home right now and other such glorious pieces.

Why is zero the lower bound? ;-)

That is the point where money becomes valueless...you could have any mortgage you wanted...1billion, 10 billion, a trillion, doesnt matter because it is going down, repaid for free by the lender..

I think she's been fairly balanced from what I've read tbh. On her webchats she has a balance of views.

You're right - I'm being rude. I'm sure she is an intelligent person who is good at her job.

However, any article entitled "Now is the right time to buy that home" in the context of a housing market that is more dysfunctional than at any other time in living memory, and during a time when whether you buy a home is so obviously dictated not by hard work or "timing", but by whether you were lucky enough to be born into a family with the wealth to help you out, deserves only derision, incredulity and contempt.

So ******** to it, I say.

^ I'm not even allowed to say b011ocks? (FFS) :rolleyes:

Edited by Bear Goggles

Reading her timeline on twitter would suggest that she is in fact a 'bot designed to churn out hackneyed financial pieces. She dreams of electric sheep.

I dream of sheeper electricity.

She writes very lazily with flowery pointless factoids scattered around the page, contradicting herself in several places. London journalism really has to be a place for the seriously privileged and connected, it's terrible.

Edited by Si1