House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northerner

What Was On The Telly When You Were Born?

Miserable buggers.

I’ll play.

23.35 : The Sky at Night.

When Mercury Crosses the Sun

On the morning of 10 November the planet Mercury will pass in transit across the face of the Sun

There was no telly. We listened to Al Read on the wireless and later on to Radio Luxembourg.

And you think you've had it hard?

Just rang me mam - and apparently there were two family photographs and a vase of plastic flowers on top of ours...

XYY

I have always hated Tuesdays but just found out that I was born on a Tuesday.

For some reason there is a programme called 'The Idiot' on and also Welsh Language TV News on BBC 1 London.

Welcome to the Tuesday club! A Tuesday's child is full of grace! I don't have much though!

Maybe Muffin the Mule or the Flowerpot Men - but not in our house since we had no telly till I was 11.

When I was wee it was Listen With Mother. 'Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.'

Maybe Muffin the Mule or the Flowerpot Men - but not in our house since we had no telly till I was 11.

When I was wee it was Listen With Mother. 'Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.'

I remember Muffin the Mule, but I never got caught! And as for the Flowerpot Men, that was illegal then!

On BBC1 an hour after I was born there was 'Jubilee Jackanory' (gives away what year I was born I suppose!) with Bernard Cribbins.

17.40 evening news was read by Kenneth Kendall.

18.45 The Osmonds (starring Donny & Marie). Didn't realise they had a UK based TV show. :unsure: "CRAZY HORSES!"

20.00 David Essex. One of his guests was Ronnie Spector.

21.25 Dave Allen At Large. I reckon this would have been worth watching. B)