House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecrashingisles

Spam From Christine Lagarde

Found this in my inbox:

Attention: Beneficiary

I am sorry for my late response towards your unpaid fund which Dr. Kahn placed it ONHOLD when he was on sit before his resignation.

Firstly we introduce this commission, INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF), we fight cuber crime, Internet fraud, scam and money laundering in any part of the world, Our commission has been in existences since 2002 and our duty is to stop internet fraud. We have over 7,500 of them in our jails around Africa and we are still looking for these internet fraudsters and we are aware that a lot of foreigners have been deceived and huge amount of money has also been lost to this fraudsters after promising you percentages in their letters for you to help them move funds and they will end up demanding for money from you and in return you will get nothing.

The Leaders of the Africa Crime fighters, INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF) has come together to inform the world what is going on now and we have recovered over $422 Million Dollars (Four Hundred and Twenty two Million Dollars) from the people we have apprehended. The reason we are writing you this letter is because your name was given to us by one of the fraudsters in our detention room after serious investigation and our aim is to refund all lost fund to its legitimate owner.

However, It is my pleasure to inform you that i have your file on my desk as the new appointed IMF director and i will look forward to hearing from you soon for further question and information before releasing your fund to your designated bank account.

You can know more about me here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Lagarde

I wish you and your family wondeful day

Your's Faithfully,

Mrs Christine Lagarde
Director, IMF

Found this in my inbox:

I am sorry for my late response towards your unpaid fund which Dr. Kahn placed it ONHOLD when he was on sit before his resignation.

Firstly we introduce this commission, INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF), we fight cuber crime, Internet fraud, scam and money laundering in any part of the world, Our commission has been in existences since 2002 and our duty is to stop internet fraud. We have over 7,500 of them in our jails around Africa and we are still looking for these internet fraudsters and we are aware that a lot of foreigners have been deceived and huge amount of money has also been lost to this fraudsters after promising you percentages in their letters for you to help them move funds and they will end up demanding for money from you and in return you will get nothing.

The Leaders of the Africa Crime fighters, INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF) has come together to inform the world what is going on now and we have recovered over $422 Million Dollars (Four Hundred and Twenty two Million Dollars) from the people we have apprehended. The reason we are writing you this letter is because your name was given to us by one of the fraudsters in our detention room after serious investigation and our aim is to refund all lost fund to its legitimate owner.

However, It is my pleasure to inform you that i have your file on my desk as the new appointed IMF director and i will look forward to hearing from you soon for further question and information before releasing your fund to your designated bank account.

You can know more about me here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Lagarde

I wish you and your family wondeful day

Your's Faithfully,

Mrs Christine Lagarde

Director, IMF

Don't trust her! She needs to steal millions each year to fund her tanning oil habit...

FROM THE DESK OF HAPPY RENTING

TO MRS. CHRISTINE LAGARDE

IMF WORLD HEADQUARTERINGS

LAGOS

NIGERIA

DEAR MRS LAGARDE

GREETINGS AND GOD BLESS.

MY UNCLE MR HERBERT RENTING, PROMINENT CAR OWNER AND SHEEP WORRIER, DIED IN A LAWNMOWER ACIDENT SHORTLY AFTER BEING DEFRAUDED OF $422M (FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO MILLLION US DOLLARS).

PLEASE SENDS TO ME HIS SOLE HEIR $422M WITHOUT DELAY. I WILL ALSO REQUIRE $100,000 USD ADVANCE TO ARRANGE RECEIPT OF THE FUNDS.

GOD BLESS

HAPPY RENTING

Found this in my inbox:

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn!

Lagarde would surely sign herself as Dr Lagarde, not Mrs

Other than that little error, it is easy to see how people fall for these things!

I do hope you are kidding. It's littered with mistakes and clunky phrasing.

'Your's Faithfully' - two there just for starters.

I do hope you are kidding. It's littered with mistakes and clunky phrasing.

'Your's Faithfully' - two there just for starters.

Deliberately. Weed out the sane, snare the gullible.

Don't trust her! She needs to steal millions each year to fund her tanning oil habit...

Tanning oil? She looks more like she gets French polished once a week.

Maybe I should reply and request proof that it is from the real Christine Lagarde by asking for a photo of the sender's mahogany skin?

Janet Yellen is getting in on the act now:

"Federal Reserve Bank of New York
33 Liberty Street
New York, NY 10045. USA.

Attn: Beneficiary,

We wish to congratulate and inform you that after thorough review and evaluation of your Inheritance/Contract funds in conjunction with the United Nations Organization Auditor General and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) assessment report, your payment file was forwarded to us for immediate transfer of your fund into your designated bank account from their offshore account with us this last quarter of the year 2014.

As soon as you follow our directives, your funds will be credited and reflect in your account within two (2) bank working days. Kindly forward the following below,

YOUR FULL NAME.
YOUR RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
YOUR CELL PHONE & FAX NO.
YOUR SCANNED COPY OF EITHER INTER'L PP, OR DRIVERS LICENSE.
YOUR CONTRACT SUM.

Provide the above information accurately because this office cannot afford to be held liable for any wrong transfer of funds.

Your respond is urgently needed for further action.

Yours in Service,

DR. JANET L. YELLEN.
CHAIRMAN FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD."