House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

Flooding Questionnaire From Water Company

Our water company has sent us a 'flooding questionnaire'.

They are apparently currently investigating reports of flooding in our area where 'we believe flooding may have occurred in the past'. In completing the (a two-page thing), they say: '[P]lease feel free to add any sketches... or send us any photos or videos you may have to help explain.'

The only flooding I'm aware of in our area is a large puddle that forms two or three times a year across the whole road where there's a dip outside of a petrol station a couple of streets away.

I'm vaguely wondering whether to bother to fill it in, even though the covering letter asks me to do so 'even if you've never suffered from flooding'.

Has anyone else received a flooding questionnaire from their water company?

Thing is, like voting, if you don't they can happily say they consulted the public and were informed there was no problem

Yes report it.

The road floods near us because of a problem with the drains. So they now know to come and clean the drains out. Someone reckons there's tree roots in the drain system that needs sorting out. They might do that one day. No houses are flooded.

I live on a flood plain! What a Wally!

Perhaps they want to selll the info to the insurance companies?

I did check that! It has never flooded here!

It's the water company's responsibility to deal with surface water runoff.

They probably want to identify and potential problems. Large puddles in road dips is exactly the sort of thing that they have a legal responsibility for.

They are apparently currently investigating reports of flooding in our area where 'we believe flooding may have occurred in the past'. In completing the (a two-page thing), they say: '[P]lease feel free to add any sketches... or send us any photos or videos you may have to help explain.'

The only flooding I'm aware of in our area is a large puddle that forms two or three times a year across the whole road where there's a dip outside of a petrol station a couple of streets away.

I'm vaguely wondering whether to bother to fill it in, even though the covering letter asks me to do so 'even if you've never suffered from flooding'.

Scribble SOS in blood on the back of the sheet and post it back in a bottle.

I live on a flood plain! What a Wally!

I love on top of a hill. Proof against sea level rises when the ice melts! (Just as well - the sea is only about 1km away. :lol:

I love on top of a hill. Proof against sea level rises when the ice melts! (Just as well - the sea is only about 1km away. :lol:

How's the coastal erosion? Was it 2 miles away this time last year?

God will see you, and make you wear strong pants!

If you rent, fill it in and talk up the flooding problems. If you own, say nothing.

The chances are that the data will end up in the hands of an insurance company's risk management team.