House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

British Ex-Pm Tony Blair May Have Been Terrorism Target, Court Hears

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/10/14/uk-britain-security-trial-blair-idUKKCN0I30XK20141014

A man charged with terrorism offences at a trial so sensitive that prosecutors sought to have it heard entirely in secret might have been planning an attack on former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, a court heard on Tuesday.

Erol Incedal, 26, was arrested in October last year with another man, Mounir Rarmoul-Bouhadja, who last week admitted possessing a bomb-making document on a memory card.

Incedal denies charges of preparing for acts of terrorism contrary to the 2006 Terrorism Act and collecting information useful to terrorism.

"The acts of terrorism that they were preparing for were either against a limited number of individuals, an individual of significance or a more wide-ranging and indiscriminate attack such as the one in Mumbai in 2008," prosecutor Richard Whittam told the jury at the Old Bailey court.

He said Incedal had been stopped for a traffic offence in September 2013.

"In the car, a black Mercedes, detectives found a piece of paper with the address with former Prime Minister Tony Blair written on it," Whittam said. "In the context of this case as a whole you may think it has some significance," he added.

Should we really be having secret trials of this nature in a democracy?

if that is all the evidence they have then I guess 10% of the entire community should be in the dock, google should be there too for aiding and abetting, and grocery staff in the dock for selling the materials.

So they found an address on a scrap in a car with one of the Blairs house addresses on it.

Are these guys fully compus mentus?...did they have the means to carry out whatever it is alleged?...or is this another case of the PsTB becoming enablers for mental cases to fulfil their madness, incapable otherwise?

Is that why its in secret?

Jesus. so now I either have to side with some Islamist nutters or support TB.

Proof of the non-existance of god, but probably existance of the devil.... :unsure:

TB does not have a passport to the Pinnyverse!

Are these guys fully compus mentus?...did they have the means to carry out whatever it is alleged?.

Probably not, given the amount of security that Bliar must have it'd be suicide to try and zero prospect of success.

Sounds like they wanted a secret trial because the evidence is so flimsy. One guy has a copy of the anarchist's cookbook on a memory stick, and his mate has a scrap of paper with Blair's address.

Have you seen Blair's house on Google streetview? It is pixelated out "for security", making it stand out like a sore thumb!

Sounds like they wanted a secret trial because the evidence is so flimsy. One guy has a copy of the anarchist's cookbook on a memory stick, and his mate has a scrap of paper with Blair's address.

Have you seen Blair's house on Google streetview? It is pixelated out "for security", making it stand out like a sore thumb!

I'm assuming because it would compromise an intelligence source which is pretty much all the defence you have against a pair of nutters.

Quelle surprise, Blair a potential terrorist target! How can that be?

I walked past Blair's London residence early one sunday morning on the way to the winter wonderland park with kids. The 2 armed coppers on the door were having a mug of tea. I asked them as I passed if Cherie had made it for them.

The heartiness of their laughs made it quite clear that the very notion of that idea was ludicrous

Quelle surprise, Blair a potential terrorist target! How can that be?

I walked past Blair's London residence early one sunday morning on the way to the winter wonderland park with kids. The 2 armed coppers on the door were having a mug of tea. I asked them as I passed if Cherie had made it for them.

The heartiness of their laughs made it quite clear that the very notion of that idea was ludicrous

They have my sympathy.

Stopping a bullet on behalf of Blair probably counts as one of the most thankless jobs in the world

A terrorist in the tradition of Stauffenberg.

They won't give him a fair trial (whatever that might be), but at least his punishment may be less harsh than some of his predecessors.

Should we really be having secret trials of this nature in a democracy?

What democracy? Do you still believe in fairy tales? :rolleyes:

I oppose all forms of violence but when it comes to war criminal Tony Bliar I would feel unable to condemn anyone who gives him a taste of what he inflicted on the middle east.

I'm assuming because it would compromise an intelligence source which is pretty much all the defence you have against a pair of nutters.

phone tapping is illegal.

so is being the cause to an action...It seems most of the "terrorist" cases here and in the US were driven by the security forces to get a conviction, the accused being incapable of carrying out anything other than a fantasy on their own. The Government providing the plan, the fake explosives, the "stolen" vehicles, everything these guys needed. Then they say the guys are guilty.

To me, this is nothing but a frame up. Low hanging fruit to prove a result. Otherwise, no danger in reality to anyone.

Some lines popular in spy/crime movies:

"If you get caught remember this conversation never took place".

"If you get caught I don't know you".

"I told you never to ring me up".

"I told you never to come here"

B)

I oppose all forms of violence but when it comes to war criminal Tony Bliar I would feel unable to condemn anyone who gives him a taste of what he inflicted on the middle east.

sometimes you have to hit back.

..and it's not wat he inflicted on the middle east that would do it for me.

even though he has now left office, I still spy the fabian nazi in our midst, the policies are still continuing..and this really is a slow-motion re-run of what was enacted in germany before the war.

we have no choice,we've got to confront it. Appeasement doesn't work.

and it appears they didn't get the message last time, so we will have to really ram it home now.

he knew full well what he would inflict on the middle east(and it gets much,much worse)..supposedly in our name, for his boss..to blacken our name.

no plot is hidden.

told you before, I am picture literate.

a coat of arms tells a story dontcha know.

I like the idea that that SOB will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his worthless life.