House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Just Because I Don't Like It

Isn't a reason to ban it.

Because there would be SO many things that are currently allowed that would be illegal if it was down to my dislikes.

The rationale for Denmark banning sex with animals is because of "the damage done to Denmark's reputation".

Really? Really? Prior to this story I had no idea that they allowed and frankly couldn't give a flying feck. I eat animals' slaughtered corpses; I'm not bothered that somebody feels so attracted to them that they want to give them some luvin'.

Yet another minority freedom bites the dust. Many people don't like homosexuality but that doesn't get banned. It's all very..... arbitrary.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/404819/Denmark-bestiality-ban-sex-animals

Are you sure. My wife doesn't want sex with me. She wants to ban it just because she doesn't like it. That and it hurts her hooves because shes not used to standing on her rear legs.

The OP is right, it is totally arbitrary. People are fools if they think there are inate and common human values. As an example, women in the West are applauded for leaving an abusive husband whereas in some countries they would be stoned to death. Each side finds the other's perspective utterly incomprehensible.

The animal rights bunch are pretty violent if they don't get their way, like Volkert van der graaf, or those HLS goons.

They ban things violent people want banned.

Does seem a dumb thing to ban. When you see animals having sex, it always looks like rape to me. The woman animal is always running away!

Maybe they should ban animal on animal sex too. I don't know. Artificially inseminate them when they've been sedated.

Guest Jemmy Button

Isn't a reason to ban it.

Because there would be SO many things that are currently allowed that would be illegal if it was down to my dislikes.

The rationale for Denmark banning sex with animals is because of "the damage done to Denmark's reputation".

Really? Really? Prior to this story I had no idea that they allowed and frankly couldn't give a flying feck. I eat animals' slaughtered corpses; I'm not bothered that somebody feels so attracted to them that they want to give them some luvin'.

Yet another minority freedom bites the dust. Many people don't like homosexuality but that doesn't get banned. It's all very..... arbitrary.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/404819/Denmark-bestiality-ban-sex-animals

i suspect some people have a penchant for street brawling and for inflicting physical violence on strangers in the street. Would you like someone to be able to inflict pain on you in the street? You may not like it but...

Guest Jemmy Button

The animal rights bunch are pretty violent if they don't get their way, like Volkert van der graaf, or those HLS goons.

They ban things violent people want banned.

Does seem a dumb thing to ban. When you see animals having sex, it always looks like rape to me. The woman animal is always running away!

Maybe they should ban animal on animal sex too. I don't know. Artificially inseminate them when they've been sedated.

And the gold medal for most ridiculous posting goes to Executive Sandman! Stand up and take a bow! :-)

There are many "knee jerk" stupid laws passed, banning things I never thought of doing! :o

The "dangerous dogs", and the hand-gun ban are two of of my favourite ars$hole laws!

It's the issue of consent really.

(Non-human) animals are generally unable to give consent (at least in any way humans can interpret) for any of the things humans do to/with them, aren't they?

What, if anything, makes eating them without consent a different case? Actually, is the idea of giving consent to be killed and eaten even coherent, even in principle? If a human gave consent to another to eat them, would that make it okay? (Sorry, I seem to be drifting off the point as is often the case... :D)

Edit: typo.

Looked at like that, I think you have a point. It is murder.

Just to take the thought experiment one step further:

As many/most humans seems to think it's morally acceptable to eat 'inferior' creatures if they think they will, presumably it would be consistent for those humans to feel that it's morally okay for 'superior' aliens to come to Earth and eat us?

Under these circumstances, we might coherently try to evade being captured and eaten, but, surely, on no grounds could we consider the aliens' behaviour to be morally inappropriate given our own behaviour.

I eat animals' slaughtered corpses; I'm not bothered that somebody feels so attracted to them that they want to give them some luvin'.

Would you eat some animal that someone's given some luvin' to?

I make no judgement about whether having sex with an animal causes them any suffering or not. All I would say is that as 'master' of my bitch, she very often seems to turn her back on me in a submissive fashion with a come on look in her eyes. But that might be my mind playing tricks with me. :rolleyes:

You must be a constant disappointment to her :))