House Price Crash Forum
pipllman

Trougher: Motability Boss Earns More Than Leaseplan Equivalent

Motability, with its guaranteed income etc. and lack of commercial pressures and, according to the Public Accounts Committee, poor value for money....

Still the gaffer gets £502k base pay, £246k bonus and £666k long term bonus

Paid by the taxpayer of course

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2789975/motability-boss-paid-1million-bonuses-sparking-calls-parliament-investigate.html

Leaseplan, one of the biggest commercial leasing companies in the world....

Well it pays the 4 members of its leadership team €1,864k base pay between the 4 of them. No bonus in 202 or 2013

Paid by earnings generated in a competitive market

http://www.leaseplan.com/documents/en_LP/Renumeration_Report_2013.pdf

We have pondered about Motability scheme on HPC before. The Tesco car park bays were the clue!

I remember coming back to England in 2011 after being away for a couple of years and was astounded at how far i had to park away from the supermarket due to all the pretend cripple spaces.

Was one of them huge supermarkets so clearly the people had no real issue with getting around.

Edited by Corruption

I don't get wh the average car that motability gives out is a brand new ford focus. That's luxury in most peoples experience.

The stats on Wikipedia state that motability accounts for 10% of all new car sales in the uk, which is staggering.

Edited by Si1

I don't get wh the average car that motability gives out is a brand new ford focus. That's luxury in most peoples experience.

The stats on Wikipedia state that motability accounts for 10% of all new car sales in the uk, which is staggering.

Another corp. state ££ milking stat.

I notice that Motobility appears on an increasing amount of car ad posters

They only scrapped Invalid carriages 11 yrs ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-23061676

How did it escalate to recommending £25-35K mpv's ? ...madness

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/recommended/best-motability-cars

Given the fraud of the car trade selling cars to themselves to inflate sales figures. They could save a big chunk by buying these new, but 1 yr old cars.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I am sick of all these folk getting new cars because they are fat. I remember when I was a kid being a wheel chair was a hard thing, no electric you had to push your ass around, access to most places was terrible and life was a grind, you didn't see many folk in wheel chairs. Most folk got some crutches or walked as being in a wheelchair was a genuine reduction in life quality and was often seen as a last resort. Now you cannot go to the shops without it looking like something out of wall-e as fat people roll around on electric wheel chairs.

now any fat person with an iffy knee is disabled and what makes it more ridiculous is I have seen genuinely disabled folk climb mountains while an army of fatties cant climb there own stairs.

The gov gives these fatties free cars compounding the problem.

Cars for disabled folk not for fatties.

If thats true: :wacko:

I am sick of all these folk getting new cars because they are fat. I remember when I was a kid being a wheel chair was a hard thing, no electric you had to push your ass around, access to most places was terrible and life was a grind, you didn't see many folk in wheel chairs. Most folk got some crutches or walked as being in a wheelchair was a genuine reduction in life quality and was often seen as a last resort. Now you cannot go to the shops without it looking like something out of wall-e as fat people roll around on electric wheel chairs.

now any fat person with an iffy knee is disabled and what makes it more ridiculous is I have seen genuinely disabled folk climb mountains while an army of fatties cant climb there own stairs.

Funny+Fat+sign.jpeg

Post of the day, it has to be.

i think we should bring back the invacar (or modern equivalant), i am sure that there would be a lot less people expecting handouts if this was on offer:

UTi1UH.jpg

also would be a lot easier spotting people wrongfully parking in the disabled spot.

i think we should bring back the invacar (or modern equivalant), i am sure that there would be a lot less people expecting handouts if this was on offer:

also would be a lot easier spotting people wrongfully parking in the disabled spot.

Still does not answer the point about fat people fitting in - could introduce a 'stability' problem also!

bbwcar.jpg

Here's an idea:

two sorts of disabled, those that work and those that don't. Parking bays for non-working disabled are available 0915 to 1200 and 1330 to 1600 Mon to Fri only. Outside these times available for workers.

Listening to local radio, it's a constant moan fest about people parking in disabled bays who shouldn't. I think this should be addressed via the above, but I can't see it going down well with the moaners.

A few thoughts from a cripp who buys his own car rather than going motability:

• All those parking spaces have to be provided, because the majority get filled with BMWs, white vans and Chelsea tractors.
  • Being fat doesn't get you a motability car, it might just get you a blue badge
  • The cars are not free. The market isn't captive. People have to make a conscious decision to go that route.
  • I've bought my last 4 cars with my own money. Everytime I do the numbers, it works out better for me to pony up my own beer vouchers.
  • The Fiesta as the typical car is frequently because people have wheelchairs, walking aids, plus the same number of family members as "normal" bigots to transport around
  • You used to be able to get a car big enough to take a proper wheelchair plus the normal stuff that fitted in a car. It cost you a lot more money, but this option is now dead because of the outrage of the Daily Hiel brigade.
  • If you want something that will actually accommodate a wheelchair with someone in it the lease period is typically 7 years and the advance payment would make your eyes bleed.
  • It's not paid for by the government, it operates on a commercial business model, heavily supported by the car manufacturers and the banks.
  • The single seater Invacar bit the dust because it was ridiculously expensive to manufacturer. On a life cycle cost basis that Ford Fiesta is much better value. And less polluting.
  • Yes the top people are overpaid. Just like everyone else in every other company. Get used to or start voting communist. The choice is yours.

Finally, pause with the though that about 20% of the know-all to$$ers complaining about this will have a mobility problem in later life.

A few thoughts from a cripp who buys his own car rather than going motability:

• All those parking spaces have to be provided, because the majority get filled with BMWs, white vans and Chelsea tractors.
  • Being fat doesn't get you a motability car, it might just get you a blue badge
  • The cars are not free. The market isn't captive. People have to make a conscious decision to go that route.
  • I've bought my last 4 cars with my own money. Everytime I do the numbers, it works out better for me to pony up my own beer vouchers.
  • The Fiesta as the typical car is frequently because people have wheelchairs, walking aids, plus the same number of family members as "normal" bigots to transport around
  • You used to be able to get a car big enough to take a proper wheelchair plus the normal stuff that fitted in a car. It cost you a lot more money, but this option is now dead because of the outrage of the Daily Hiel brigade.
  • If you want something that will actually accommodate a wheelchair with someone in it the lease period is typically 7 years and the advance payment would make your eyes bleed.
  • It's not paid for by the government, it operates on a commercial business model, heavily supported by the car manufacturers and the banks.
  • The single seater Invacar bit the dust because it was ridiculously expensive to manufacturer. On a life cycle cost basis that Ford Fiesta is much better value. And less polluting.
  • Yes the top people are overpaid. Just like everyone else in every other company. Get used to or start voting communist. The choice is yours.

Finally, pause with the though that about 20% of the know-all to$$ers complaining about this will have a mobility problem in later life.

Yup lets not forget the folk who take the parent child bays in the same chelsea tractors forcing parents with young kids and shopping to negotiate a car park which is often like a grandprix track because someone in a large status car needed to rush in and get fags and vodka. Although my particular hatred is for old people who use child bays and no blue sticker then just pretend they dont know because they are old.

My original rant is based on a neighbour who was fat and had the resultant health problems and used them to bleed the system. She got the works uncluding the electric fat chair. Personally I think it would be cheaper to glue rollerskates to fat people and call it austerity.

Yup lets not forget the folk who take the parent child bays in the same chelsea tractors forcing parents with young kids and shopping to negotiate a car park which is often like a grandprix track because someone in a large status car needed to rush in and get fags and vodka. Although my particular hatred is for old people who use child bays and no blue sticker then just pretend they dont know because they are old.

When my son was about four years old and very curious, I did not prevent him from peering inquisitively into the windows of a neighbouring car, and loudly asking the lady who had parked there where her children were. :)

Motability cars are free in the sense that they come out of benefits. You lose £56.75 per week of benefits, to get the car. For that you can get a Fabia, 308, Fiesta, Fiat 500 or similar. It's a fully serviced contract. Three year contract. Add your own cash up front and you can get a better car.

You can get good deals on private leases using your own cash, the advantage of notability is that you aren't going to get shafted on dents, dings, etc.

Basically it's a way of encouraging people to spend their benefits to support the car industry. Because it's pushed hard it's popular, but in honesty you might be better off taking the cash.

Edited by bambam