House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stu007

Rightmove Sold Data

Does anyone know when the next months sold data appears on rightmove?

Maybe a while off? It seems to be every 2 or 3 months updated, but that's just from general observation. I look forward to it coming out, but have not got any pattern set for when it usually is updated.

Last update, 26 September 2014.

It is the best source though, for oftentime you get listing pics to go with the sold data, and where they have it, they clump together sold data for what property sold for in previous years.

House price data produced by the Land Registry. This material was last updated on 26 September 2014.

This is from observation and I don't know for sure but:

It's the end of every month, the actual date varies. It's usually a few days after the Land Registry release their figures.

Worst case it should take 2 months (from sale going through with the Land Registry) before a sold price appears on there.

As above it's after the Full HPI data is released.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/about-the-house-price-index/about-the-house-price-index--2

4.3 Next 11 months

Month Headline Figure Full HPI

September 2014 16 October, 2:00pm 28 October, 9:30am

October 2014 18 November, 2:00pm 28 November, 9:30am

November 2014 16 December, 2:00pm 30 December, 9:30am

December 2014 19 January 2015, 2:00pm 29 January 2015, 9:30am

January 2015 17 February, 2:00pm 27 February, 9:30am

February 2015 17 March, 2:00pm 27 March, 9:30am

March 2015 20 April, 2:00pm 30 April, 9:30am

April 2015 19 May, 2:00pm 1 June, 9:30am

May 2015 16 June, 2:00pm 26 June, 9:30am

June 2015 16 July, 2.00pm 28 July, 9.30am

July 2015 18 August, 2.00pm 28 August, 9.30am

Does anyone know when the next months sold data appears on rightmove?

No, but I've noticed something peculiar. Over the past few months, I've kept my eye on a particular area - and identified three houses that were sufficiently interesting for me to do a 'drive-by'. All three of them were only advertised for a short while, before being recorded as 'sold subject...' - then disappearing. I hoped to find out the price they actually sold for... but not one has turned up in the sold data... though smaller/cheaper houses are recorded.. including some with much more recent transaction dates.

The sales data can lag actual sales as sols sometimes take a while to register it with the LR

Estate agents and bankers can lie o pretend the market is buoyant.

When it comes to the biggest financial transaction in your life offer low, borrow little, TRUST NO ONE.

No, but I've noticed something peculiar. Over the past few months, I've kept my eye on a particular area - and identified three houses that were sufficiently interesting for me to do a 'drive-by'. All three of them were only advertised for a short while, before being recorded as 'sold subject...' - then disappearing. I hoped to find out the price they actually sold for... but not one has turned up in the sold data... though smaller/cheaper houses are recorded.. including some with much more recent transaction dates.

Repos don't show up.

HTH.

Not completed yet?

Property taken off market but EA lists it as SSTC, and then de-lists it. Quite possible if the property was also put up for rent.

Repos don't show up.

HTH.

I thought that was only in the house price index? I think Repo's price data is published, but auction sales aren't, could be wrong though.

If anyone's interested the latest data released today covering sales up to the end of October is now available on https://houseprices.io/, beating Zoopla and Rightmove to it once again.

Ha! Thought so. MMR has more than halved the number of sales in a few areas I watch.

I missed the 'end of October bit'. It looks MMR has totally killed the market after mid-September. Transactions stop dead in September.

<snip>

I thought that was only in the house price index? I think Repo's price data is published, but auction sales aren't, could be wrong though.

An auction sale would not be excluded for simply being an auction sale.

how accurate is this site?

transactions in the postcodes i'm watching down by around 70%

It should be at least as accurate as the others using the Land Registry data, but you can't read much into the volumes as late reporting means sales will continue to be added to November for months to come. For instance in this month's update only 30% of the new records were for November, 50% were for October, 8% for September and 5% for August.

I like the map view.

Dragging the slider's interesting. Especially between 2013/2014.

Very low number of transactions. Skewed by the fact that not all will be recorded yet, but it's still an indicator.

It should be at least as accurate as the others using the Land Registry data, but you can't read much into the volumes as late reporting means sales will continue to be added to November for months to come. For instance in this month's update only 30% of the new records were for November, 50% were for October, 8% for September and 5% for August.

Hi, how often is the data on the map function updated ...monthly /quarterly?

I have checked a post code I know and it has the latest sale in this case end of october, I guess (logically) the map data is drawn from the same LR data set as the list data and so is up to date with the latest LR data.

I would have thought the same ,just looks far more startling (the drop in transactions 2013 to 2014) in the map view thought it may have been doneon a quarterly basis

Edited by long time lurking