House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justthisbloke

Tips On Preparing For An Ebola Plague?

C'mon Solitaire, tell us what to do!

C'mon Solitaire, tell us what to do!

Well it depends on who you are. IF you are a politician, just dig a small hole in the ground, bend down and stick your head in it.

IF you are anyone else......

Stay indoors, avoid being smeared with other people's bodily fluids, take supplements, treat new arrivals from dodgy parts of the world to this country with extreme caution...

Actually, on thinking about it, HPC OT isn't exactly what I would consider a high risk demographic.

Send British soldiers to Sierra Leone to ensure some of them catch it.

Bring them back home to ensure they infect the civilian population.

On no account screen anyone disembarking planes.

Simple really.

Send British soldiers to Sierra Leone to ensure some of them catch it.

Bring them back home to ensure they infect the civilian population.

On no account screen anyone disembarking planes.

Simple really.

Indeed.

Off to Lidl tomorrow for water, dog/cat chow, and as many pot noodles, pasta, tinned fish veg and peaches, vit c pills, and camping gaz as i can fit in the cellar.

Maybe.

Stay indoors, avoid being smeared with other people's bodily fluids, take supplements, treat new arrivals from dodgy parts of the world to this country with extreme caution...

Actually, on thinking about it, HPC OT isn't exactly what I would consider a high risk demographic.

:lol::lol::lol:

Indeed.

Off to Lidl tomorrow for water, dog/cat chow, and as many pot noodles, pasta, tinned fish veg and peaches, vit c pills, and camping gaz as i can fit in the cellar.

Maybe.

Done that already. Tesco have a deal 3 for 2 on their vit C tablets - you need the soluble kind. Home Bargains for the pot noodles.

Indeed.

Maybe.

You actually went last week didnt you?

I stocked up last month already.

Indeed.

Maybe.

Good news!

Screening at Gatwick, Heathrow and Eurostar terminal for travellers from Sierra Leone, Guinea and somewhere else.

A government announcement on Ebola checks for arrivals to the UK is expected later after calls to bring in screening at airports.

Ministers had ruled out such tests, saying the UK was following World Health Organisation Advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29555452

I'm eaten all my tinned tuna and pasta from my financial crisis cupboard stocks. Need to replenish before the supermarket shelves are emptied.

Indeed.

Maybe.

Just say no to expensive camping gas, say hello to kitty litter...

The only small caveat being that I've only ever tried fresh litter in my little wood-burning camp stove and not any that a cat has actually p*ssed on. Could be a problem for some...

I have to admit my paranoia subsided after the financial crash failed to bring about the end of civilization and my cellar is relatively bare. Relative, that is, to an HPC-er. I reckon I've got grub to last 3 months on minimum rations. I've started to remedy this parlous situation - Mrs JTB was rolling her eyes at me in Aldi yesterday as I chucked another armful of tins in the trolley.

What I am sorely lacking in is anti-pandemic stuff.

reminds me of the time I bought an NBC suit with gas mask etc. just before gulf war II

a guy in the office asked me how much it was - iirc it was £300

on hearing this he said - with a straight face:

just think, if there is an attack, you could get at least a grand for it...

yes mate, that would be the time to sell it wouldn't it???!!!

I've just been on O'Bay in Ireland, and bought some fingerless gloves, just in case!