House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

The Recovery Is Gaining Momentum....negative Momentum That Is,

The UK needs more QE.

Sadly that's how I read it.

Wind back 6 years....keep rates at 3%, no Q.E., lockup the bankers, regulate the banks, take the pain..... we'd be recovering now.

They're really are going to keep pushing this Ponzi house price inflated economy until it blows up and ends like Greece. They they're going to ****** off with all the money they've stolen from us!

They're really are going to keep pushing this Ponzi house price inflated economy until it blows up and ends like Greece. They they're going to ****** off with all the money they've stolen from us!

So, they are going to run off with all our, money, but, there is a shortage of money so they need to QE.

The issue thus, isnt the money...its all the ever increasing promises of repayment that are backed by an almost static supply of homes.

From this warning this might mean he will miss the deficit reduction target for this year. For the future Cameron has ruled out tax rises but this will exclude council tax and business rates which I expect will be capped at +2%.

There is an Autumn statement due in December but this maybe too late. I still think CPI will sink lower on trend.

You'd be mad not to have a bit tucked away.

In my opinion.

I'm down on my position at the moment.

However i didn't buy it to be up or down on a position and don't give a ****** about the UK governments definition of a position.

I'm more interested in the position when the UK govenment don't have a say.

I can wait longer than Osborne, the BBC, or any one else, can keep this charade going.

Unless i get Ebola of course eh readers?

Edited by shindigger

From Osborne's interview it sounds as if "economic stability" is locked in - as the general election approaches.

Much like the "recovery" was locked in under Gordon - as the general election approached.

Mind you going from recovery to just economic stability does sound like a bit like it's all going a bit downhill.

Osborne must spend time rehearsing that strange look after he's spoken and while he waits for the next question. Someone should tell him not to bother.

Edited by billybong

Don't worry, even if interest rates are forever left at 0.5%, this can still happen...

japanese-home-prices.png

That said, I'm not sure Japan are stuffing immigrants into their cities at the same rate as us; and their population is likely to decline in the long run, while we're growing at nearly half a million a year. Ah well.

Edited by FallingAwake

From Osborne's interview it sounds as if "economic stability" is locked in - as the general election approaches.

Much like the "recovery" was locked in under Gordon - as the general election approached.

Mind you going from recovery to just economic stability does sound like a bit like it's all going a bit downhill.

Osborne must spend time rehearsing that strange look after he's spoken and while he waits for the next question. Someone should tell him not to bother.

Osborne not very convincing in this interview. Looks like they know it's going tits up and are gearing up for the excuses already.