House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kazuya

Land Registry Question

A property I was looking at sold (stc) 3 months ago. There was no sold data for it on the land registry website or the title register there:

Price Paid/Value Stated Data:
Sorry, there is no price paid/value stated information available for this property.

http://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/hc69DoIwFAXgR7p_pbYjDpTGBGIwUbqYDsRAoCyG51fc1Ch3O8l3Ti4EaNkiCbO1cIGQ4tLf4r2fUxzXHPRV2CgixaURvUOfFU7olAkqeYL2D3C01W-6BGcIH6wucvSyrw9Ojoyov8D7juENsP7xAvjjcoSqnKcOpjCaxg_qAVq1FFc!/dl4/d5/L0lDU0lKSmdrS0NsRUpDZ3BSQ2dwUkNTQS9ZSVVJQUFJSUlJTU1JS0VFQUFDR09HT0NHSUJKRkpGQkpORE5EQk5ISUVBTExBISEvNEczYUQyZ2p2eWhDa3lGTU5RaWt5RktOUmprS2NhZ21Rb2dnL1o3XzMyODQxMTQySDgzNjcwSTVGRzMxVDUzOFY0LzAvaWJtLmludi8yNzI2NzE5Njc4ODgvc3BmX0FjdGlvbk5hbWUvc3BmX0FjdGlvbkxpc3RlbmVyL3NwZl9zdHJ1dHNBY3Rpb24vITJmUXVpY2tFbnF1aXJ5SW5pdC5kbw!!/

I know there is a delay from when the house is sold and the sold price showing up in the sold prices data on sites like Zoopla/Rightmove etc. The property still states the same as above and the agent did tell me it it wasn't a cash offer. Does the land registry website itself have a delay in updating the title register with sold price or does it just mean the house hasn't sold yet?

Edited by Kazuya

from reading around the subject and personal experience, it seems that if the property was bought by a business it will not show up. Also if it is sold at auction as a distressed sale it may not show up, eg if it is repossessed.

Of course this would give a skewed, lower, figure to the house price index which reflects the reality of the situation so of course cannot be represented in the real world (!).

It could also be, of course, just that it hasn't completed and exchanged yet.

If you post the details of the property and I can take a look in the Land Registry published CSV dataset for August.

It can be slow though, I saw a few properties around February. Took 6 months before they showed up on the Land registry. Sometimes its time, sometimes its the nature of the sale.

I recall the LR was having some issue with staffing a few months back. Not sure if its just back log. I know there were calls to privatise the registry around the summer supposedly to make it more efficient but I think they scrapped it.

Edited by Lifes a game