House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bubbleturbo

Henning Wehn - Eins, Zwei, Diy

This German comedian has been mentioned on here a few times over recent years.

On Saturday I went to see him perform in Dartford and he was hilarious:

http://www.henningwehn.de/tour.php

During the second half, he talked about the UK housing market at some length, renting V owning, debt and other such things. He continually referred to it as a "housing bubble".

There was an audience of around 1000 and the general demographic of the SE London / NW Kent audience was many boomer, builder, property speculator types. You could have cut the air with a knife at several points in his routine, nervous laughter and I had great fun watching the majority of the audience squirming in their seats from my standing position at the back.

He is becoming popular now so his tour is pretty sold out but any HPC'ers who want a laugh and a non mainstream view should try and catch him performing because it is a very good watch indeed.

This is an earlier act of his to give you an idea, watch from 2:30 on:

This German comedian has been mentioned on here a few times over recent years.

On Saturday I went to see him perform in Dartford and he was hilarious:

http://www.henningwehn.de/tour.php

During the second half, he talked about the UK housing market at some length, renting V owning, debt and other such things. He continually referred to it as a "housing bubble".

There was an audience of around 1000 and the general demographic of the SE London / NW Kent audience was many boomer, builder, property speculator types. You could have cut the air with a knife at several points in his routine, nervous laughter and I had great fun watching the majority of the audience squirming in their seats from my standing position at the back.

He is becoming popular now so his tour is pretty sold out but any HPC'ers who want a laugh and a non mainstream view should try and catch him performing because it is a very good watch indeed.

This is an earlier act of his to give you an idea, watch from 2:30 on:

When all you hold dear is part of a comedy routine, then the game really is up, would have loved to have seen the pennies dropping. However I have experienced many such dead silences from just discussing house prices in work or wherever. I don`t discuss houses in the real world any more, too many were sucked in and get themselves worked up about HPC viewpoints.

I was on a plane with him once and was amazed to hear that he accent isn't exagerated for his routine.

Interesting. (I also thought he was putting the weird accent on a bit!)

I was on a plane with him once and was amazed to hear that he accent isn't exagerated for his routine.

Fokker ?

Many a true word is said in jest...

Even in that youtube clip you can hear the tension when he was telling the audience a few home truths. Oh yes people knew damn well what was saying was bang on the money, and probably too close to the bone for some. Average household debt is £6,000 (excluding mortgage), I suspect it's a lot more than that for those who sat there stoney-faced.

I wonder if this is, in some part, to blame for the bitterness and general nastiness we witness all too often in this country nowadays. Deep down people know we're fooked, they're just not prepared to face up to it and deal with it, so they lash-out instead. The everyone is to blame but me culture is symptomatic of this.

Immigration is supposedly the number 1 issue for voters in this country, talk about burying your head in the sand, it should be the debt (but as Henning said don't worry) and the cause of it. We're messed up, from the personal debt of £1.4trillion to the £1.4trillion national debt. The EU may or may not be to blame for the UK's ills, but people talk about all the money that could be saved by leaving the EU, yet if the UK's annual net contribution to the EU of £5.5billion (or whatever it is exactly) was used to clear the debt it would take about 280 years to clear the principal debt.

Saw him years ago for the first time in Edinburgh. A few of the audience members from Coventry didn't quite see the funny part when he started talking about the bombing raids -I was in stitches - but I am a little warped. :)

I think he's great, huge fan. I work with someone who sounds exactly like him, and he says he's from the same part of Germany. Guess it's just the way people from that region sound when speaking English,