House Price Crash Forum

The Biggest Christmas Dinner

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

Hot on the heels of win £100 for eating the biggest breakfast comes this behemoth for an extremely reasonable £35.

christmas-dinner-403106.jpg#

The gut-busting £35 feast needs two chefs to prepare it and is made up of a whole turkey and 175 trimmings along with a pint of gravy and cranberry sauce.

The colossal 6,000 calorie banquet – which weighs a 9.6kg – is already on sale two months before Christmas Day at the Duck Inn, Redditch, Worcs.

Last week the pub was informed their mega-festive dinner was officially the biggest on the planet and will feature in the 2015 Guinness Book of World Records.

If challengers complete 'The Duck Inn Famous Christmas Banquet’ in less than 45 minutes they receive at t-shirt, certificate and place on the pub’s wall of fame.

The Christmas meal consists of one roast turkey, 25 roast potatoes, 25 parsnips, 25 stuffing balls, 25 pigs in blankets, 25 honey roasted carrots, 25 sprouts, 25 pieces of broccoli and cauliflower, and lashes of gravy and cranberry sauce.

It looks absolutely lovely and if I was allowed 12 hours I could easily demolish that over three meals. But 45 minutes - not a chance.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/403106/Pub-landlord-world-s-biggest-Christmas-dinner

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Someone's going to have a heart attack, trying to stuff these mega-meals down their gullet. And I still want to know what happens to what they can't manage in the time. Goes in the bin, I suppose. Criminal waste. Or do they take half a dozen friends along and have a leftovers party?

HOLA446

Someone's going to have a heart attack, trying to stuff these mega-meals down their gullet. And I still want to know what happens to what they can't manage in the time. Goes in the bin, I suppose. Criminal waste. Or do they take half a dozen friends along and have a leftovers party?

You've bought it anyway so if you don't make the 45 mins to get your t-shirt I assume your mates tuck in too as you've already lost.

HOLA447

5kg of bubble and squeak!

HOLA448
HOLA449

Surely we're missing the fun part - pricing it!!!

Turkey - 7

25 roasts – 80p

25 snips – 1.80

25 stuffing – 2.5

25 pibs – 2.50

25 carrots – 1.00

25 farts – 1.20

25 pieces broc/cauli – 3.00

Gravy – 30p

Cranberry – 30p

All in for around £20. Could be seriously out with that as Xmas dinner is something you should ‘craft’ from scratch over the previous 2-3 days yourself (can’t recall the last time I purchased pigs in blankets ready made or store made stuffing or gravy or even cranberry for that matter!)

I agree though - no yorkies :blink:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

That looks great! I like a good stuffing on Christmas day! If we all ate those, the World's gas supply would be secure! Look at the mountain of sprouts!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

That looks great! I like a good stuffing on Christmas day! If we all ate those, the World's gas supply would be secure! Look at the mountain of sprouts!

I have often thought that if there was only a way to harness it, we could run our central heating off all the methane in this house.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I hate Christmas. Not having a family Christmas is a crap time. Every year I hope to be visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future just to have some company.

That's very sad.. I'm sure another family would be happy to "adopt" you each Christmas if they knew. As long as you didn't wear a rubber suit & gas mask and frighten the children ;)

HOLA4418

That's very sad.. I'm sure another family would be happy to "adopt" you each Christmas if they knew. As long as you didn't wear a rubber suit & gas mask and frighten the children ;)

Everyone is welcome at Ken and Pin's Marvellous Motorcycling Hannibal mid Winter feast! Don't bother with a return ticket, and don't wear anything which would identify you!

HOLA4419

I feel like John Candy in 'Trains. Planes & Automobiles'.

Never wear rubber - it is a newbie mistake. Stops your skin breathing. Makes you over-heat and smell. Wrecks the moment.

Right, let's all pause for a moment and picture John Candy in a head to toe rubber gimp suit... and consider the affect that it would have on worldwide rubber production :)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

:)

Well Mr Tulip, I know people that go up and down like a yoyo! Thankfully I am not like that! I'm never that happy, and never really unhappy! A lady friend describes me as a "toilet"! As something you always need,and you can't spill,and is reliable!

I don't want to be a toilet (because I am not German), but I would rather be a "lighthouse"

HOLA4424

I hate Christmas. Not having a family Christmas is a crap time. Every year I hope to be visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future just to have some company.

Don't take any time off and treat it as a way to get full pay for doing very little work whilst playing the burning martyr for giving up your Christmas break.

I like it but my usual extended family Christmas isn't happening this year so no time off for me either and will treat it as good long weekend with some decent films on, and I will be wearing a paper hat all evening.

New Year's my bugbear, can't stand it. I celebrate the solstice on the 21st as the days then start getting longer and there's summer to look forward to, and then Christmas albeit in a low key way this year. I don't however see the point of staying up really late on 31 Dec because the arbitrarily-set Gregorian calendar has flicked on by one.

HOLA4425

Don't take any time off and treat it as a way to get full pay for doing very little work whilst playing the burning martyr for giving up your Christmas break.

I like it but my usual extended family Christmas isn't happening this year so no time off for me either and will treat it as good long weekend with some decent films on, and I will be wearing a paper hat all evening.

New Year's my bugbear, can't stand it. I celebrate the solstice on the 21st as the days then start getting longer and there's summer to look forward to, and then Christmas albeit in a low key way this year. I don't however see the point of staying up really late on 31 Dec because the arbitrarily-set Gregorian calendar has flicked on by one.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived