House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Swingers Club In New York Office Building Distracting Workers With Its 'wild Weekly Events' - New Gdp Excuse?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/swingers-club-in-new-york-office-building-distracting-workers-with-its-wild-weekly-events-9769730.html

Drilling in the hallway; road works outside the window; chatterboxes at the opposite desk – there are few things more annoying than noise distraction in the workplace.

But at one New York office building it’s over-zealous sex parties causing a stir.

A swingers club has taken up residence in a Financial District building in the Big Apple - and the police are powerless to take action, according to the New York Post.

The Amsterdam Society, self-styled as “one part Ibiza style night club and one part playboy mansion”, hosts “wild weekly events” on the third floor of 27 Cliff Street.

But the building is also home to tech companies and a financial research business, whose workers are outraged by their neighbours.

According to the Post, sources said that the NYPD raided the club on 19 September. However, because no money is passing hands in return for the sexual services being provided, the antics are not illegal and so there is nothing the police can do.

One worker told the publication: “We’re worried about our reputation as a business. We want it out of here.”

The head of a company that rents rooms in the building said: “It’s infuriating and embarrassing for me, because I have our team and our employees in these conditions. It’s horrible in every sense. We’ve had meetings and we’ve heard things.”

Hilarious, I do hope it was a banker who made the comment about business reputation!

I can see the headlines now GDP down due Swinging club distractions, worker productivity has declined.

I would have thought the club would be being frequented by Wall Street types to entertain clients. Drugs and prostitutes off the expenses menu, instead we'll have yearly membership to the local swingers club.

Here in the UK, that sort of activity is now included in the GDP.

No money changing hands...but I suppose you could consider it a barter transaction. Barter is used for taxation purposes but is it in gdp?

(I'm a bit worried that my line of logic leads me to conclude hmrc could tax sex)

Imputed prostitution. Its the money they would have paid if they had paid it, but they didnt, so they count it anyway.

As there is no money changing hands there is no indication of who is providing the service and who is receiving. Therefore, perhaps it should be imputed twice over?

Good point, but what about the imputed voyeurism? A show like that wouldn't come cheap so there should be an additional figure added to account for the full financial impact of this scenario.

Good point, but what about the imputed voyeurism? A show like that wouldn't come cheap so there should be an additional figure added to account for the full financial impact of this scenario.

I think we are on to something here...as all three parties are watching, it is 3 squared imputed sex tax. Then there is the imputed rent on the property, which the tenant pays but the landlord has saved.

this one floor is a whole tax industry....prolly pay for the mid east war on its own.