House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wurzel Of Highbridge

For The Price Of A London 3 Bed Terrace, I Could Buy....

Inspired by Freetraders post.

What else could you buy property/non property?

I will start with this lovely 4 bedroom detached house http://www.daft.ie/sales/oranswell-bushy-park-galway/1002219/ in a lovely part of Ireland - a snip at €399,000 or £311,062.

ZDgxM2M5NTBkYWFkNjkzMDlkZGJhNWM3NWZlYWZl

With the remaining £388,938 I am going to buy a Maserati for £100k

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzIzWDQzMA==/z/HxUAAOSwRLZUEWf2/$_12.JPG

Hmm, I now have £288,938 left in my pocket... I think I will use that to live off and go on holidays for the next 5/6 years.

Just imagine the words 'what you have been working for' ringing in your ears as the last thing you see on earth is that weed-strewn patch of land when you collapse dead from a heart attack after working non-stop to pay off the £700,000 debt.... :huh:

I think I'll go for this at £542,000 in Dallas, TX. Lots of good paying jobs there. Oh, and I think I'll get a Ferrari rather than a Maserati.

At £127 per sq ft. What price is prime London these days, £3000 odd?

o2we9rs.jpg

mXaO4e1.jpg

Edited by honkydonkey

Just imagine the words 'what you have been working for' ringing in your ears as the last thing you see on earth is that weed-strewn patch of land when you collapse dead from a heart attack after working non-stop to pay off the £700,000 debt.... :huh:

:D Some people just don't know how to live. ;)

I think I'll go for this at £542,000 in Dallas, TX. Lots of good paying jobs there. Oh, and I think I'll get a Ferrari rather than a Maserati.

At £127 per sq ft. What price is prime London these days, £3000 odd?

Those windows! Can you post the link please.

Bloody reporters, what do they mean "completely unlivable"?

No kitchen, no bathroom and holes in the floor: Inside £700,000 farmhouse next to Hadrian's Wall that needs a bit more than just a lick of paint
  • Dilapidated farmhouse has fallen into disrepair after being purchased by English Heritage 30 years ago
  • The two-bedroom farmhouse on the 56-acre estate needs 'complete renovation' despite £700,000 price tag
  • It is situated in remote countryside on the Northumberland border where Roman soldiers once patrolled

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2539780/No-kitchen-no-bathroom-holes-floor-Inside-700-000-Northumberland-farmhouse-Hadrians-Wall-needs-bit-just-lick-paint.html

article-2539780-1AACC33D00000578-858_964
Better than my kitchen ...

Looks nice but I had to zoom out on the map 3 times before I had heard of any of the towns nearby :)

The local tourist board have a motto...East Lindsey the Secret's Out....well actually it isn't, the nearest dual carriageway is about twenty miles away, it's Britain in the 1950s and no one goes there or has heard of it.

The local tourist board have a motto...East Lindsey the Secret's Out....well actually it isn't, the nearest dual carriageway is about twenty miles away, it's Britain in the 1950s and no one goes there or has heard of it.

Sounds idyllic.

Sounds idyllic.

Can we make the rest of the country go back in time too? Be better for most...!