House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Beyond his bad image I just don't get this EU referendum thing in 2017, 93% of his business chums don't, though the public clearly might.....he doesn't want to leave Europe but has no plan B if the public call his bluff.

Just seems crazy Zionistic and extreme...the pound will collapse, multi Nationals will leave and we may get a self inflicted black Swan that would be a Scottish divorce on speed trying to manage an EU exit on the hoof.

Tories starting to look unelectable imo. For all his strange behaviour at least Milibot doesn't have any policies....I guess the Markets will prefer him.

It just shows how beholden leaders are to their parties. To be honest I think it is better than a presidential system.

HOLA443

The only question for me is - who are the tories going to put in place for their leader in the run up to the GE once they've knifed Cameron in the back? And don't they need to get it done quite soon?

Teresa May.G1deon Osborne. Boris Johnson.

... be very afraid.

(for some reason when I type "G*deon" the editor changes it to "Osborne". What's going on??)

Edited by RentingForever

HOLA444
HOLA445

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2771477/Could-Sajid-Javid-Britain-s-Asian-Prime-Minister-His-parents-arrived-just-1-s-minister-That-s-man-believes-immigrants-natural-Tories.html

May be this guy. Quite like Theresa May, a weird humility about her, always looks a bit self conscious. The polar opposite to Cameron who has got too big for his boots.

HOLA446
HOLA447

What do people think about him talking about his son yet again as a way of showing his commitment to the NHS?

I found it desperate, shameless, manipulative and nauseating.

I'm amazed they dug up his son again all to win a few votes. Note the lingering shot on Sam cam, teary eyed and bottom lip wobbling, perfectly timed and perfectly captured for broadcast,the faux dramatic indignation from Cameron, the raised voice.

What a berk, shameless stuff really using your dead son as a campaign angle. Gordon and Sarah Brown had an infant daughter die and they didn't stoop this low in their campaigns.

If it was possible I find myself disliking the man more than ever.

The video is great, most cassette boy stuff is. Swede mason is another good video editor.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I heard sajid Javid is being talked up too. Former banker, looks like darth vader with his helmet removed. Sort of.

He has the sort of face that needs burying in the sand. On QT he even had Dimbleby, the panel and 90% of the audience telling him there was a bubble and all he could do was splutter out some lies.

HOLA4410

Tories starting to look unelectable imo. For all his strange behaviour at least Milibot doesn't have any policies....I guess the Markets will prefer him.

Certainly be more transparent if we were to vote the bankers into office and then let them appoint our politicians.

HOLA4411

He has the sort of face that needs burying in the sand. On QT he even had Dimbleby, the panel and 90% of the audience telling him there was a bubble and all he could do was splutter out some lies.

He adds diversity, though, innit. Not the kind of diversity that matters, like opinion or thought, but the kind of diversity that makes him look like William hague after a few hours of sitting in the sun. The kind of diversity that means tomorrows tory party will be just as shit as todays.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

He didn't splutter. He was completely straight faced and told them that the government were helping young families get on the housing ladder with HTB. I believed him, didn't you! :P

HOLA4420

Care to explain why it is Zionistic?

He doesn't really want to exit Europe but he is using blackmail tactics...give me what I want or the UK public will vote us out, neither do 93% of his business chums......something I would associate with psychopathic Jihadists or a despotic regime like Russia, not a modern Western Government. Cut off your nose to spite your face.

You can't make threats without a plan B and there is no plan B, he wont even talk about exit as a possibility. He's looking as extreme as Salmond now with no plan B if he doesn't get the pound.

In the run up to a Euro election there will be no inward investment, the pound will tank...in the event of exit there will be a UK black Swan that will look like Scottish divorce on speed. And the public could easily call his bluff.

There again I guess a black Swan and UK collapse is what many will want on here. We didn't get the Scottish divorce but we might get a much fatter Swan in 2017.

In the event the Tories will probably not get a vote, doubt they can win outright, coalition will prevent a vote. At the end of the day Cameron has already taken to the edge of the break up of the United Kingdom, he's dangerous and perhaps we need a change of Government.

It looking increasingly likely that I will have to vote for that buffoon Miliband.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4421

Looks as if Bungle's false accounting has done the trick, at least for now.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/03/conservatives-lead-labour-opinion-poll

Tories lead Labour in YouGov poll for first time in two-and-a-half years
David-Cameron-011.jpg

The Conservatives have edged ahead of Labour for the first time in two-and-a-half years, according to the latest YouGov opinion poll.

The YouGov survey for the Times showed that the Tories had overtaken Ed Miliband’s party after David Cameron’s party conference speech in which he promised tax cuts for 30 million people.

Labour had not been behind in a YouGov poll since March 2012, just before the chancellor George Osborne’s “omnishambles” budget, though Tories have led in Guardian/ICM polls this year.

Asked who they would vote for if the general election were to be held tomorrow, 35% of people backed the Conservatives, compared with 34% for Labour.

YouGov’s research, which was conducted after the Tory conference, also shows voters support Cameron’s pledge to lower income tax by 2020, but remain sceptical that they will be better off as a result.

It reveals that people expect their finances to suffer less under a Conservative government, but believe they will be poorer after five years, irrespective of who is in Downing Street.

If the Conservatives win the election, 28% of voters expect to be better off at the end of five years, compared with 37% who think they will be worse off.

If Labour wins, 17% expect to be better off and 42% worse off.

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Looks as if Bungle's false accounting has done the trick, at least for now.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/03/conservatives-lead-labour-opinion-poll

The Populus poll this morning (done after the speech) shows the opposite - Labour up 2 and Tories down 1 - Labour with a 5 point lead.

So, it's not clear yet what effect it had.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Could it be a hung parliament?

Sounds like a good idea.

To be hung, drawn and quartered was from 1351 a statutory penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III (1216–1272) and his successor, Edward I (1272–1307). Convicts were fastened to a hurdle, or wooden panel, and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where they were hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces). Their remains were often displayed in prominent places across the country, such as London Bridge. For reasons of public decency, women convicted of high treason were instead burned at the stake.

"For reasons of public decency" :lol: