House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SEW247

Financial Details Of Ltd Company

So basically I heard that the old Ltd company my boss worked for was wound up. My suspicion is that after selling us all to our new company he's managed to find a way to pull all the money out of the company and just bought himself a £1.2m house.

Can anyone let me know where I can obtain as much financial information on the old Ltd company without having to pay too much money? Would it just mean a trip to Companies House or somewhere else?

Im presuming I need to pay for acces to companies house. Also, presumably everything which will be in the public domain would be here?

Im presuming I need to pay for acces to companies house. Also, presumably everything which will be in the public domain would be here?

£1 per document, i.e. per set of accounts, which is what you need.

May not give you all the answers though.

Probably not I'm pretty fkkkin angry about my misery pay off I got in lieu of shares! Thanks for your help!

The balance sheet is available from Companies House, though as Goat says this may not tell you a lot. Profit & Loss account may be more interesting but for a private Ltd company this is not in the public domain.

Profit & Loss account may be more interesting but for a private Ltd company this is not in the public domain.

Not quite true.

Small private companies are entitled to file abbreviated accounts (no P&L), medium sized companies (turnover £6.5m to £25.9m) have some exemptions but there may be useful information in there, big ones have no exemptions at all.

PLCs are required to file full accounts regardless of size.

The biggest problem is if the company filed the relevant set of accounts at all. It's possible that the company could sell the business, submit the relevant returns to HMRC but not Companies House, pay the tax then simply wind itself up.

My advice would be to just move on rather than risk slipping into wallowing in bitterness and envy.

Assuming there is some significant impropriety or misfeasance you will just end up severely disappointed by the lack of interest any of the relevant authorities will show in pursuing it.

It's very difficult to divine from publicly available accounts what the true picture is and particularly If they're small enough to file abbreviated.

So basically I heard that the old Ltd company my boss worked for was wound up. My suspicion is that after selling us all to our new company he's managed to find a way to pull all the money out of the company and just bought himself a £1.2m house.

Can anyone let me know where I can obtain as much financial information on the old Ltd company without having to pay too much money? Would it just mean a trip to Companies House or somewhere else?

Assuming he was a director owner, if he (i.e. the company) was fraudulently failing to fulfil legal obligations regarding redundancy payments, he may still be liable. It is legally very complicated though, in terms of both redundancy law and director's liability.