House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Will!

Telegraph Article On "bottom Fishing"

The 12 bombed-out shares most likely to bounce back.

The article is fairly thin stuff (doesn't really consider that some of those shares are bombed out because the company is long-term stuffed, rather than a whim of the market, and that some sectors are cyclical) but I quite like the idea of checklists as a rule-out tool when looking for companies with good fundamentals when their share prices are depressed in the upcoming crash. Does anyone have any experience / recommendations with online checklist tools?
Cheers
Will

I wonder. We now have asset price inflation (housing, shares, gold etc). And consumer price deflation. It's what you'd expect from a credit binge aimed at very rich people (since they spend more of their money on assets than the rest, who are left with frozen wages).

London Mining and African Minerals could bounce back very nicely if they survive the double whammy of Ebola in Sierra Leone and the fall in Iron ore prices. For the brave.

Mcbride a fairly safe Dividend earner - worth buying up in the slumps. Several times I have purchased blocks of Mcbride shares at around 95-105p to sell 12-18 months later for 125-135p

RE Mcbride. You can get pretty good deals on bulk delivered laundry & household cleaners through Mcbride -direct if you are in the UK. Help cut out the supermarkets and support a British Manufacturer.

Edited by Kurt Barlow

I've traded AMI all the way down, its been a pleasant experience on occasions although I do feel for the long term holders of that stock.

As to LOND, I never felt the urge. Death cross in on the FTSE 100 but not in on the DOW or SP500.

Commodities getting slammed although perhaps they'll snap back in the not too distant future.

I've traded AMI all the way down, its been a pleasant experience on occasions although I do feel for the long term holders of that stock.

As to LOND, I never felt the urge. Death cross in on the FTSE 100 but not in on the DOW or SP500.

Commodities getting slammed although perhaps they'll snap back in the not too distant future.

LM has gone into admin. African Minerals looking to buy their Iron Ore Mine.

I suspect you are right regarding long term survivability - looks like RIO, BHP, and Vale are out to crush all the smaller opposition.

LM has gone into admin. African Minerals looking to buy their Iron Ore Mine.

I suspect you are right regarding long term survivability - looks like RIO, BHP, and Vale are out to crush all the smaller opposition.

AMI is lining up to have some interesting news. The next RNS could ensure some profitable trading opportunities if you get the sentiment right.

Google Finance share screener looks like it might be a good checklist tool, but I can't seem to specify Return On Capital Employed as a criterion.

After a bit of digging, it looks as though 'Return on investment' is the screening criterion I'm looking for. At least one engineering conglomerate I'm interested in has surprisingly (to me) poor numbers.