House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldsport

Invalid Nonce

I once came across a website that refused to serve pages to Internet Explorer - it chucked back an error code and "Internet Explorer? **** off!". I suppose it's one way to keep out the riffraff.

Nonces are used in crypto. So your ssl ain't working.

Did you try to log in from a page that you'd loaded some time ago? Could be it contained a time-limited token.

Otherwise it's a poorly-implemented server disagreeing with something in your security settings.

Or - just possibly - security protecting you from a man-in-the-middle that might be trying to intercept your session :ph34r:

Did you try to log in from a page that you'd loaded some time ago? Could be it contained a time-limited token.

Otherwise it's a poorly-implemented server disagreeing with something in your security settings.

Or - just possibly - security protecting you from a man-in-the-middle that might be trying to intercept your session :ph34r:

The full message is:

Invalid nonce

Your nonce value was either missing or invalid. Nonces are used to prevent cross-site request forgery attacks. Please go back and refresh the page, then try again.

I get it every time I logout of ConservativeHome - the message is from IntenseDebate which they seem to use to power their discsussion board. I get it with Firefox, Chrome and IE. I think it must be harmless.

The full message is:

I get it every time I logout of ConservativeHome - the message is from IntenseDebate which they seem to use to power their discsussion board. I get it with Firefox, Chrome and IE. I think it must be harmless.

Oh, that explains it. A website for nonces.