House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

Never Released Singles..but Pretty Damn Good

Apparently never aired on the radio or released as a single, I would proffer this effort from Natalia Lapina, Night Train to Venice. No doubt some will think it is better best forgotten on here. (Stick with it until 'the hook' around one minute twenty, otherwise you have still got Natalia to look at). Very well put to together song imo and the melody is exceptional.

Any other cult singles that never saw the light of day?

^ Some nice photos on that video. B)

'Acquiesce' by Oasis (mid 1990s) was surprisingly good:

I like prog rock so there's plenty of great album based music that never saw the light of the charts.

Bloody hell so obscure that Natalia has added her own comments to the mere 13 replies on youtube..you couldn't make this up. Judging by her lame following I must be tone deaf because I think this is bloody brilliant. I could start a Natalia fan club of one I suppose.

Natalia sings Help me if you believe in me...she obviously needs some help and belief.

Do great b sides count?

In which case 1963 by new order is a cracker

Sometimes you wonder what the record producers were thinking of. Tears of a Clown, Smoky Robinson was just an obscure filler on an album until a Motown underling, who happened to be a Robinson fan, managed to convinced her seniors that it should be released in its own right. Similarly Bohemian Rhapsody was nearly never released because it was considered nonsense and too long....not by Mercury, of course. ( I mention those two bncause they often appear in the Nation's top ten all time and if they nearly didn't get released not much hope for the rest).

The best Abba song never got released and only came to the attention of anybody when it was given prominence in the Musical Mama Mia...otherwise I guess none of us would even recognise it today....Slipping through your fingers all the time.

Two million hits on youtube says it might have done quite well..and that's just one of several entries.

Isn't everything classed as released now in the digital age? :huh:

Anyway, back in the day was never released - fan vid:

Isn't everything classed as released now in the digital age? :huh:

Anyway, back in the day was never released - fan vid:

Well I have been left behind when it comes to the digital age...so I guess that wouldn't have occurred to me.

^ Some nice photos on that video. B)

'Acquiesce' by Oasis (mid 1990s) was surprisingly good:

I like prog rock so there's plenty of great album based music that never saw the light of the charts.

Seeing as wassis are my favourite band of the nineties pretty much the whole of the masterplan album could've been singles (listen up, rocking chair and the masterplan particularly).

Could also reel off a load of Bon Jovi ones (seeing as they're my favourite of the 80's)!!