House Price Crash Forum

Second Conservative Mp Defects To Ukip ++B R E A K I N G++

pl1

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A multi-millionaire businessman who switched allegiance from the Conservative Party has increased his UKIP donation to £1m.

The donation was originally £100,000, but Arron Banks later said he had increased the amount after Commons leader William Hague said he had never heard of him.

Speaking alongside UKIP leader Nigel Farage, Mr Banks said: "I woke up this morning intending to donate £100,000 to UKIP.

"I understand Mr Hague called me a 'nobody' - so in light of that - in view of the fact that I'm a strong advocate of leaving the European Union, I've decided to donate £1m to the party."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL!

"I understand Mr Hague called me a 'nobody' - so in light of that - in view of the fact that I'm a strong advocate of leaving the European Union, I've decided to donate £1m to the party.

Too funny :)

The Conservatives need to set up a side business in gravedigging.

Edited by FallingAwake

He needs to face facts. He is a nobody. Being able to donate £1m just because someone called you a nobody doesn't make you a somebody.

Lets face it, £1 million pounds is not very much these days anyway.

True, but if donors have to be dyed in the wool tribalists lest they risk being personally attacked in the national party forum if they choose to donate elsewhere in future because they feel the party is no longer the best, then there are going to be fewer party donors in future.

If Justin King said Mr HAM was a nobody since he only spent £400 a month in his shop, would that increase or decrease the likelihood of people walking through the door?