House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
onlyme2

The Secret Goldman Sachs Tapes

An employee of the FED charged with overseeing GS gets so utterly fed up with being told to lie and hide the reality of the banking system and its internal conflicts of interst and the FED's explicit support of those activities decides to tape her oversight activities. The Secret Goldman Sachs Tapes

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-09-26/the-secret-goldman-sachs-tapes

bankers dont lie.

they are the paragons of sobriety and the best of the best suits.

They never mis-sold anything in their lives.

I think that I have said before that the right thing usually happens in the long run even though it doesn't seem that way in the shorter run.

Revelations like this will continue to leak out over time.

I have always held the view that regulators and legislators share part of the blame even though it wasn't that obvious to many. I know that some bankers and shadow-bankers share a big part of the blame which has been obvious since the beginning.

She interviewed for Goldman's in 2007, 2008 and 2009!

I am keen to hear what was in those tapes. The programme is being broadcast today, so perhaps it will be up tomorrow.

But not having a conflicts of interest policy on file is hardly the same thing as LIBOR rigging and you will not get fired for it.

I am keen to hear what was in those tapes. The programme is being broadcast today, so perhaps it will be up tomorrow.

But not having a conflicts of interest policy on file is hardly the same thing as LIBOR rigging and you will not get fired for it.

The programme is on the first link, a few minutes in. Just starting to listen now...

People wrote to Jimmy Savile in the hope that he would fix it for them, and Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow and the Lion walked the Yellow Brick Road in the hope that the Wizard of Oz could help them get what they wanted.

What is your point? That she can't be taken as a credible critic of GS because she wanted in and they weren't buying? But maybe it's not like that. Maybe she was just another lawyer working compliance and looking for the main chance, but it was apparent to the sharks on the interview panel that she lacked the moral flexibility that GS are looking for in their Compliance Department, so her applications come to nothing.

Then she gets hired by the Fed to supervise GS and she meets the monster and is prepared to recognise it for the thing that it is.

First, she gets rejected by GS because she doesn't look likely to become an effective crook. Next, she can't fit in with the Fed supervision culture that says it's OK to let the crooks be crooks because most Fed employees hope that one day GS might smile on them and let them through the revolving door so that they can get rich being a crook...

Hence the laudable reason why she gets rejected by GS (she doesn't look like a good prospect for a trainee crook) gets re-imagined as evidence that she's just a hysterical loser with an axe to grind.

What is the appropriate mythos? Red Riding Hood will past muster; you think it is your Grandma, but it ain't.

People wrote to Jimmy Savile in the hope that he would fix it for them, and Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow and the Lion walked the Yellow Brick Road in the hope that the Wizard of Oz could help them get what they wanted.

What is your point? That she can't be taken as a credible critic of GS because she wanted in and they weren't buying? But maybe it's not like that. Maybe she was just another lawyer working compliance and looking for the main chance, but it was apparent to the sharks on the interview panel that she lacked the moral flexibility that GS are looking for in their Compliance Department, so her applications come to nothing.

Then she gets hired by the Fed to supervise GS and she meets the monster and is prepared to recognise it for the thing that it is.

First, she gets rejected by GS because she doesn't look likely to become an effective crook. Next, she can't fit in with the Fed supervision culture that says it's OK to let the crooks be crooks because most Fed employees hope that one day GS might smile on them and let them through the revolving door so that they can get rich being a crook...

Hence the laudable reason why she gets rejected by GS (she doesn't look like a good prospect for a trainee crook) gets re-imagined as evidence that she's just a hysterical loser with an axe to grind.

What is the appropriate mythos? Red Riding Hood will past muster; you think it is your Grandma, but it ain't.

Ever since some office junior worked out madoffs fraud in his lunch hour, handed his report to the SEC, and they ignored it the next few years, id be shocked if it were any way else.

Im pretty sure I saw some TV news report years back saying it was the same here. The FSA would deliberately recruit morons.

Regulators controlled by the banks, you couldn't make it up. :ph34r:

Why is that surprising given that the Fed is a private institution owned by the usual group of 'too big to fail' banks...

I had a quick listen to the podcast. The thing is, booms and busts will happen no matter what you do. I recommend watching MArgin Call, and look at the scene at the end with Jeremy Irons.The FED was created as a backstop so it could lend the economy money so the great depression could be avoided again - it appears that vision 100 years ago, has been right so far....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5gZrgGXOco

Edited by 200p