House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northerner

Are All The Good Restaurants Really In London And The South?

Surely not.

And they are doing it all wrong in Manchester ...

Manchester continues to wait for a Michelin Star award for fine dining, leaving it lagging behind other major cities in the UK...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/good-restaurants-really-london-south-7834572

Let's see, Starter ...

502128513_a1a27d6c69.jpg

... Dinner ...

Roast-Beef-And-Yorkshire-Pudding-300x200

Pudding.

45209_yorkshire_pudding_with_vanilla_ice

Just once a week, mind. On a Sunday.

Smashing! There's a lovely Chinky Chippy up the road from here!

I think I have been "politically incorrect" again, and must place myself in a "correction centre" after my next shift, for re-education! :blink:

I don't recall dining out much when we lived up North.

I think the best restaurants are in Amsterdam. Casa di David just near Spui and Burger's Patio in the Jordaan area are probably the two best dining experiences that I've had.

Giraffe and La Tasca in Basingstoke aren't quite the same.

I don't recall dining out much when we lived up North.

I think the best restaurants are in Amsterdam. Casa di David just near Spui and Burger's Patio in the Jordaan area are probably the two best dining experiences that I've had.

Giraffe and La Tasca in Basingstoke aren't quite the same.

You don't like chips in curry sauce with peas?

Isn't "Yorkshire" comprised of different counties nowadays? West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire etc.

A bit like saying The South-east now boasts the largest number of Michelin Starred restaurants than any other county

Isn't "Yorkshire" comprised of different counties nowadays? West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire etc.

A bit like saying The South-east now boasts the largest number of Michelin Starred restaurants than any other county

West Riding, North Riding and East Riding - it's that simple.

Well, in fear of resurrecting the Wars of the Roses....

Yorkshire now boasts the largest number of Michelin Starred restaurants than any other county

http://www.yorkshire.com/what-to-do/food-and-drink/michelin-star-experience

I heartily recommend "Pipe and Glass" (although it is the ONLY Michelin starred restaurant that I have eaten at). Great food at a reasonable price.

West Riding, North Riding and East Riding - it's that simple.

Riding means thitd! There is no South RIding! Where did South Yorshire come from? Some beauroctats's bottom I recon

Smashing! There's a lovely Chinky Chippy up the road from here!

I think I have been "politically incorrect" again, and must place myself in a "correction centre" after my next shift, for re-education! :blink:

Got the best ever fish and chips up the road....£5.30 decent piece of fresh cod cooked while you wait in clean oil, fresh batter and a good helping portion of chips ...even a few crispy ones at the bottom.....special treat.

So many other things are better cooked at home.....morrisons had some lovely scallops..£2 something for six, made a fresh hazelnut butter sauce....tasted better than many restaurant offerings you sometimes get. ;)

Got the best ever fish and chips up the road....£5.30 decent piece of fresh cod cooked while you wait in clean oil, fresh batter and a good helping portion of chips ...even a few crispy ones at the bottom.....special treat.

No no no no ... no. Lard.

To be honest a MS is just a snapshot in time......in the food trade things can change very quickly, staff turnover changes of menu...one great place can turn quickly into not such a great place and visa versa......food is of the moment, of the season, of the business, of the staff.... ;)

You don't like chips in curry sauce with peas?

When I worked for a big retailer we went up to one of the distribution centres - Castleton, I think.

I remember queueing in the canteen looking at some metal pot with an unidentifiable bright green substance in it and asking what it was.

"That's mushy peas!" exclaimed the server, almost with a hint of pride and derision. "Do you want some?"

"Er, no."

Well, in fear of resurrecting the Wars of the Roses....

Yorkshire now boasts the largest number of Michelin Starred restaurants than any other county

http://www.yorkshire.com/what-to-do/food-and-drink/michelin-star-experience

At least quote it properly.

Yorkshire now boasts the largest number of Michelin Starred restaurants than any other county in England outside of London.

When I worked for a big retailer we went up to one of the distribution centres - Castleton, I think.

I remember queueing in the canteen looking at some metal pot with an unidentifiable bright green substance in it and asking what it was.

You should have proudly asked for some guacamole.

"That's mushy peas!" exclaimed the server, almost with a hint of pride and derision. "Do you want some?"

"Er, no."

That's an acquired taste! I never got it! How does it get so GREEN? :blink: Even real peas can't be that green! :huh:

Mean_Green_Poop_Machine.jpg

C'mon, where is his workshop manual! A real bloke doesn't break the "Throne" without some real reading matter!