House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ash4781

Hometrack 0.0% M/m

London and South East posted clear declines.

London was in the grip of a “pronounced slowdown” in market activity, the firm said, whose data is based on a monthly survey of estate agents and surveyors. The capital was the only region to record a price fall this month – albeit just a 0.1% decline – with further declines predicted for the months ahead.

It said the overall UK market had been cooling since May but growth had now “completely stalled” following a tail-off in demand, with some would-be buyers possibly unsettled by the potential economic implications had Scots voted for independence in this month’s referendum.

I haven`t read such bearish reporting for a long time.!

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

I haven`t read such bearish reporting for a long time.!

It's exactly as predicted here.

The indexes will stay positive ( just ) till the next election. The tories will claim they have solved the problems in the housing market by stopping the rises.,

All is well with the mega expensive housing of the UK.

Buy now before you miss out.

It just needs something resembling a Black Swan to enter stage right (or left or centre). If it happens anything like in 2007 it'll be in the media towards the end of this year.

Edited by billybong

Telegraph also headlining that house prices have begun to fall.

Here is link to the full Hometrack report:

http://www.hometrack.co.uk/hpsurvey/documents/September_2014_Hometrack_House_Price_Survey_26092014095851.pdf

The 6.3 weeks to go SSTC makes no sense to me. No way can this factor in SSTCs that fall through and presumably listings that are delisted. If the average house only took 6.3 weeks to sell then the market would indeed be showing more than stagnation.

If one house sells in 6.3 weeks and another house is listed for 50 weeks and is withdrawn...the stats come up with 6.3 weeks (presumably, ignoring the delisting). In my book, however, one sale achieved in aggregate 56.3 weeks actually equals 56.3 weeks to sell a house (on that example).

The Hometrack stats are complete nonsense.

Edited by crashmonitor

I was expecting a further leg to this house price inflation this autumn.

I guess it is increasingly difficult to manufacture inflation with no wage rises, a sub 2% CPI rate and other asset classes also hitting the buffers these last six months...pms and equities.

Just hope those that those loaded up on mortgage debt in anticipation of equity gains have a plan B if we go Japanese.

I guess it is increasingly difficult to manufacture inflation with no wage rises, a sub 2% CPI rate and other asset classes also hitting the buffers these last six months...pms and equities.

Just hope those that those loaded up on mortgage debt in anticipation of equity gains have a plan B if we go Japanese.

If? Do they have a plan C if houses crash by 40% over the next 3 years?

I doubt it! I don't even think they are that sure what plan A is! 'We buy a house, prices go up... Err... what if we can pay the mortgage? Don't worry about that, renting is dead money, init!' :P

What was the black swan event that triggered the 2007 financial collapse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abelian_sandpile_model

Once the sandpile model reaches its critical state there is no correlation between the system's response to a perturbation and the details of a perturbation. Generally this means that dropping another grain of sand onto the pile may cause nothing to happen, or it may cause the entire pile to collapse in a massive slide.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mario-livio/from-sandpiles-to-bureauc_b_2005591.html

None of that is the reason for the slowdown outside of PCL. It's the MMR. Always about lending.